Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewspancake machineyogurtamish marketcheck in was fast and easysigns of wearparking garageroom was clean and comfortablemicrowave and fridgebasic hotelfront desk stafffree weightsfitness roomfresh towelswould highly recommend this hotellate checkchecking outkey
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Had the best experience in years at this hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful, breakfast food was awesome and they gave me free perks from a welcome snack of my choice and even offered free tube of Colgate toothpaste when they realized I forgot mine. Didn't have to leave for anything, and ended up staying longer than necessary because I felt so comfortable! Wish they had an indoor pool though?! Lol

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank MrPolitics
Andrew P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Thank you very much for your kind words about our staff and hotel! We always strive to exceed guest expectations and are very glad to hear you felt comfortable and at home with us! We hope to see you during your next visit to Hunt Valley!

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Stayed two nights and asked for a top floor room. The rooms with two beds only face the street, which turned out to be quite bothersome as you could hear traffic noise all night long. The room was recently updated, so the decor and the furniture were OK. However this was the smallest HIE room I've ever been in. After you put down your suitcases, there is almost no space to move around. The sofa chair was positioned in the corner, behind the closet and could not be reached if the closet doors were open. The bathroom was tiny as well, you needed to get in first to be able to close the door behind you.The room door was in need of replacement, very worn out and didn't close smoothly at all.
Breakfast was OK, the usual HIE.
I asked to use their business center and was told they don't have one. Instead they invited me in the back room behind the check-in desk and let me use the manager's computer. Weird.
The staff was nice and friendly all the time.
All in all my stay was average, however somewhat on the lower end for HIE hotel chain. You can really tell it used to be a Comfort Inn and not the HIE from the begining.

Room Tip: If you don't need to beds ask for a room away from the street, they are quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Slo-Lju
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear Slo-Lju,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the room layout prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Best hotel experience I have had in years. Check in was fast and easy. Front desk staff was friendly and offered me a choice of rooms. The room was really pretty and cozy. loved the Bath and bodywork toiletries. All of the staff was friendly and helpful. If I didn't love this hotel already, I definitely did one I tried the breakfast. Of course they had lots of fruit, cereal and Danishes. They had sausage, scrambled eggs and coffee. All that was to be expected with a free breakfast. What I didn't expect was a Pancake Machine. With the push of a button this thing turns out a tasty flapjack. Overall experience was great. Cant wait to stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bmoresunshine
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express with my wife and my daughter on Saturday night, November 23rd. I booked a room for 3 adults through Hotwire.com the night before our arrival. Upon arriving, we were greeted by a very courteous and friendly staff member, Jamal. Our room was to be on the seventh floor, where, Jamal explained, that a party that took up the rest of the floor, had the potential to get noisy and that we might not have a good night’s sleep up there. The rest of the rooms in the hotel, which can accommodate 3 adults were already taken with the exception of a room on the second floor, which had just a king size bed. At this point I asked if I could get a refund and I would go somewhere else, but because I booked through Hotwire, this was not an option.

We asked if we could get a rollaway and our request was honored and brought up to the room within 5 minutes. The room was very small, the rollaway just fitting into the only available space in the room. The heater was on the noisy side. Everything else in the room was fine. There were plenty of toiletries, towels, etc. Internet access from the room was easy to get. I slept ok, my wife’s sleep was disturbed several times by people coming in through the back door of the hotel. The room we were in, room 212, sits directly above this hotel entrance. My daughter didn’t sleep well at all on the rollaway. Perhaps it was because she was close to the door. The room itself did not seem to be very well insulated for sound as one could here voices, footsteps, etc., from the hallway and adjacent rooms.

The hot breakfast was just as the property said it would be. Eggs, sausage, pancakes, fruits, buns, breads, juices, cereal all were available. And it was all good. The dining area was large and had plenty of available seating.

As we were there just to get a good night’s sleep before getting back on the road the following morning, we did not take advantage of any of the amenities that this establishment offered.

Because the staff probably saved us from a potentially sleepless night and did the best they could to accommodate us under the circumstances, I would rate them as excellent. However, because the room we did decide to take didn’t really meet up to our expectations, I would rate the room a bit below average, hence my overall rating of just average. Should we find ourselves in the area again, I would most likely choose a different property to stay the night, however I would stay at this Holiday Inn Express if that’s all that was available in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank TheSimpleTraveler
Andrew P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear you didn't find our rooms to your satisfaction! We greatly appreciate your feedback and will work diligently to address your concerns. I am glad Jamal and the rest of our staff were able to make your stay as comfortable as possible and sincerely hope you give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations during your next trip to the area!

Reviewed November 26, 2013

A typical Holiday Inn Express, which is intended as compliment, this chain has consistently high standards. Not a new hotel but recently refurbished. All the usual facilities and one of the best breakfast spreads we've encountered. No pool, however. Free wi-fi, large flat screen TV, microwave and fridge in the room. Quiet air conditioner. The staff were uniformly friendly and helpful. Plenty of free parking spaces. Several good restaurants in the immediate area. The rooms at the rear are quiet. No public transit on York Road but the Baltimore Light Rail line to downtown has a station about ten minutes walk away on Schiller Road.

Room Tip: Others have commented on traffic noise in the front rooms, so ask for a room at the rear.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple