I stay in the Hunt Valley/Towson area at least one night a week, and over the past year have stayed at most of the hotels in this corridor. They all have their +'s and -'s, but overall, the Embassy is the best.
- Very clean (always)
- Spacious (medium/large living area, fairly large bedroom)
- Friendly staff
- Nice decor
- Good pricing for the area (usually the best, short of the 2 star hotels)
- Good FREE breakfast buffet with chef making omelets/waffles, lots to choose from.
- Pretty quiet
- Great water pressure
- Reasonably nice somewhat small exercise room (but never full)
- Pay Movie option; free Showtime
- Easy close parking
- Mall with great restaurants, shopping, and movie theater 2 blocks away
- 15 secs to get to I83
- HVAC problems in some rooms (esp 816 and 710 - have told them many times, still not working well as of this week- if avoid these 2, probably OK)
- Noisy bathroom fan! Only turn it on when have to. Almost every room.
- As mentioned in other reviews, if have small children, railing issue
- Wireless access is $10/night (how 2004 can you get - come on Hilton)
- If happen to hit breakfast when a bus tour is staying there (infrequent), hope you have an hour to spend
- Set of elevators near restaurant almost always stop at 2nd floor when going down - then wait 30 secs, then continue. Have told them about it, still not fixed 3 months later.
- If heading into Baltimore during rush hour, add 15-20 minutes to your trip just to reach 695 (as compared to staying, for example, at the Sheraton in Towson right on the beltway - but not as nice a hotel - except for the restaurant). But then again, 695 is usually a parking lot, so 83 is the least of your problems.
So, lots of small items (unless have small children), but overall a great place. Beats both Marriotts nearby (which are more expensive), and frankly all the other hotels in the area, esp if you like a little space in your room to stretch.
Note to management: how about fixing the little stuff...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Hunt Valley is conveniently located near Baltimore’s beautiful Inner Harbor, Oriole Park at Camden Yards, and many fine shops and superb restaurants.Combining excellent accommodations with superior customer service, this all-suite hotel features beautifully decorated guestrooms that include a spacious living room area with microwave and mini-fridge. Guests are invited to a cooked-to-order breakfast each morning, and Manager’s Reception held nightly in the hotel’s atrium. Experience casual dining, at the Hunt Valley Grill, offering great American cuisine, cocktails and friendly service! Make your stay a pleasurable one… at the Embassy Suites Hunt Valley! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore - North/Hunt Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Baltimore - North / Hunt Valley Hotel Hunt Valley
- Embassy Suites Hunt Valley
- Hunt Valley Embassy Suites