“Absolute Pleasure”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore - North/Hunt Valley
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Hunt Valley
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 22, 2008

I wanted a hotel closer to Baltimore but Hunt Valley was as close as we could get in our price range. We were pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness, size of rooms, comfortable beds, incredible breakfast and friendly staff. As it turned out the Maryland State Fair was just a ten minute drive from the hotel. The kids had a blast on the rides while I learned about the farm animals that were being shown. This hotel is also across the street from a lovely, new shopping center which includes a supermarket that serves delicious prepared dishes. There is also a light rail train just minutes from the hotel which took us into Baltimore so we didn't have to struggle for parking or deal with heavy traffic.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank eligali
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore - North/Hunt Valley

Reviewed July 24, 2008

I regularly stay in this hotel. The hotel is located in a Hunt Valley business park, close to I-83, and not too far from the Beltway (I-695). There is a shopping mall, with an outdoor marketplace and restaurants, a short drive (or a long walk) down the street. The exercise room has been updated, with new cardio equipment each with its own TV. The pool is small, usually very crowded, and the life guards are sometimes a little stern and overbearing. The breakfast is always excellent, and the evening reception with free wine and cocktails is a nice touch. Like all Embassy Suites, the “atrium” gets noisy, and can be noisy in the suite’s lounge (if your trying to sleep on the sofa bed), although the bedrooms are usually quiet. Sometimes this hotel will come up on Hotwire for around $80 a night. I’ve never had any problems here, and I would recommend this hotel for visitors to northern Baltimore County.

• Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank NJtravel099
Reviewed June 16, 2008

I stayed at this hotel this past April and am in shock by the service I received. Initially arriving at the hotel I thought my stay would be perfect. The front desk staff and even management on the floor were extremely pleasant. Unfortunately, two days into my stay I had money stolen from my room. I refused housekeeping service that morning however after stepping out to grab a bite to eat, i came back to my room partially clean and $60 that i left on the bed missing. I assumed that the housekeeper mistook my money for a tip since I obviously left it on the bed. I alerted management and let them know what happened and that i beleive the housekeeper thought it were a tip(even though i just refused cleaning service)...I wasnt contacted until two days later and told they checked with her and she said "it was there when she left" (a complete slap in the face, or so i thought). They told me that the employee was in good standing with the company and that there was nothing they could do. They then offered me a $25 certificate to their restaurant. Basically, they gave me $25 in return for my $60 loss and wanted me to spend it in their bar...Thus making them more money (Complete Slap in the face...or so I thought). I declined the certificate and told them it was unacceptable, all I wanted was for an incident report to be filed and placed in the housekeepers file. Afterall it was only $60 but it could have been more...So i didnt want this to happen to another guest and they yet again say that the employee was in good standing because I failed to file a report. I decided to just wait until I returned home and speak with the General Manager about getting a copy of the incident report. I sent him an email about the matter. He sent a reply stating he was looking into the situation. After a week of waiting...I sent another email requesting a copy of the incident report. Still nothing...3 weeks later I called and left a voicemail....Nothing...Three attempts and I received absolutely no response from the General Manager. If he could careless about guest service you can only imagine the trickle down effect. I believe this was the "Official Slap in the face". To be totally ignored by one person in the building who should truly care about the guest service. I am not advising about staying in the hotel because of theft...for all I know, that particular housekeeper could no longer be with the company. However, I am advising EVERYONE to not stay in ANY hotel that lacks guest service from Management...If Management doesn't care about your stay...then don't expect the employees.

Enjoy your stay should you decide to stay at this hotel anyway...But don't leave your cash out...It Finders Keepers at this property...Even if you refuse service. They have keys remember!

Stayed: April 2007
2  Thank NJTraveller_8
Reviewed May 26, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for a wedding in the area.
About a month ago, I tried to reserve my room under the blocked rate with the wedding group. I was told there was no availability of anything that entire weekend. Well, after speaking with the manager, I was offered a choice of several rooms. Not sure what the problem was there.
So, for check-in, we arrived early (noon) we were told to come back in a few hours. There is shopping nearby (retail, restaurants, & coffee house). We came back at about 3 & were checked-in. The front desk staff was alright, but experienced computer & key equipment problems. The center atrium is neat with large tropical plants & huge koi fish. Although we also thought the echo of the atrium was loud.
Our room (non-smoking, King) was alright. All suites have a front room with sofa, chair, tv, desk, & minibar. The bathroom was clean, although again, nothing special. The bed has a down comforter sandwiched in between two sheets.
We heard through friends that there is a complimentary breakfast from 7:30-9:30 (although we were never told this at check-in). We slept in & missed it anyway.

This hotel is nothing special.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank egdp2006
Reviewed April 16, 2008

Enjoyed stay at this hotel. Drive to Baltimore was not bad at all. Very good breakfast- eating in the atrium is a treat. Small pool but well taken care of by lifeguards. Next door to newer outdoor shopping plaze which has rail line to Baltimore. Nice selection of restaurants. Some atrium noise if you are sleeping on sofabed... Overall very good value.

• Stayed: March 2008
1  Thank Travelfan11
Reviewed March 28, 2008

Stayed for three nights. After I heard about what happened to the roof months ago and saw some of the reviews here, I became worried about the hotel. When I arrived, I was greeted by friendly staff, the room is excellent and looked like they renovated the place not that long ago. The gym and pool are both small, don't expect too much. All the staff are extremely friendly and is always ready to help.

The breakfast is wonderful, it's cook to order type of deal, top notch! The only complain I've about this hotel is the slow Internet access. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank lamj
Reviewed March 20, 2008

Stayed here because it was close to the company I was visiting. I had never been to the area, so I had no pre-conceived notions. After I got here, I was told about the roof collapse and subsequent renovation work. I don't know what the place was like before, but it is very nice now - excellent for the price.

The previous two reviewers nailed it. I would reiterate their comments. The atrium is lovely. The room is spacious and well-appointed, but the air conditioning didn't work to my taste/abilities (it was always a bit too warm). Breakfast was very good (and complimentary). My colleague and I both enjoyed the manager's complimentary cocktail time (5:30-7:30pm) with appetizers. There is a mall next door, with some good restaurants (Greystone, and Jessie Wong's). Parking is convenient and free. Elevators are a bit slow, so I learned to take the stairs (down, at least). Free apples in the lobby. Nice staff all around.

• Stayed: March 2008
Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley
Holiday Inn Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
#2 of 3 in Timonium

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore - North/Hunt Valley? Share your experiences!