“Dependable and comfortable”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore - North/Hunt Valley
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Hunt Valley
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We have been going to this Embassy Suites hotel for more than ten years. Lately the good quality has been more consistent than in previous years. The manager's reception and the breakfast are a treat. The staff are dedicated to good service.The restaurants and shops at Hunt Valley are outstanding. It makes for a great overnight get away.

The suites and bathrooms have been upgraded significantly. Soon the elevators will have to be modernized as well.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CHTraveler2316
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore - North/Hunt Valley

Reviewed June 21, 2013

This hotel was exactly what I look for when I travel for business. It was quiet, clean, well maintained, and they served an excellent breakfast. The front desk staff were friendly and attentive. My room was spacious (since it is a suite hotel). The internet was fast, HD TVs are nice also. When I come back to this area, I will stay at this property again.

Room Tip: A higher floor is probably preferable over a lower floor since this property has a large atrium wher...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CanonEOSGuy
Reviewed June 18, 2013

DH and I always stay at Embassy Suites whenever we travel, if we can. We're always sad when we can't find an Embassy Suites close to our destination. Great service, friendly and helpful staff and the accommodations are always what we expect. Rooms are clean, well lit and quite spacious. I heartily recommend Embassy Suites.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Donna B
Reviewed June 14, 2013

If you need to stay in the hunt valley area this is a great choice Very reasonable in price and very comfortable and clean. The breakfast in the morning and the reception at night is also excellent. I have stayed here several times in the last few years. It is about 40 minutes from BWI and the cab fare for about 90 dollars each way. I think there is more affordable transportation options but less convenient

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Our two double bed suite was laid out nicely enough; there is a privacy door between the bedroom and the living room and there is ample storage space. The bathroom was small and for some reason the overhead in the shower is low, which made me feel cramped when showering. The beds were pretty mushy, but sleepable and the linens were pretty good. The room was pretty clean, but I did notice a smear of something on the side of the ottoman.

One of the biggest detractors was the slow elevators. The problem was perhaps exacerbated by kids playing on them, but the elevators were painfully slow. The pool is ok, but it was crowded most of the day and the pool room was very hot. The water in the pool was cloudy, again probably a problem created by the large number of kids (there was a huge kids lacrosse tournament nearby).

The manager's reception was nice: free drinks and lite snacks for a couple of hours was exactly what we needed after a long day at a local lacrosse tournament. The staff wasn't particularly friendly or quick, but with a little extra tipping, our service improved dramatically.
The free breakfast is good. We had an early day and we were there when it opened. Even at 7:00 am on a Sunday it was already getting busy. The made to order omelets were good as were all of the premade items (bacon, sausage, potatoes, fresh fruit, etc).

The cleaning staff seemed efficient, perhaps too efficient. We left our room at 6:50 am, planning to return before check-out to freshen up and retrieve a few small items we left behind. When we returned to the room at 11:00 (12:00 check-out), the cleaning staff had already taken the linens, cleaned out the fridge (took 2 beers, 3 waters, and some food), etc, but the room was in cleaning staff induced disarray (sofa cushons and trash cans were stacked, etc) and for some reason, every light was on, both TVs were on, and the fridge was wide open and running on high. I called the front desk to make sure I wasn’t wrong about check-out and figure out why they already started cleaning my room. They offered me a $25 gift card to use in any of their on-site restaurants during the next month. I hadn't called to get compensation, but I took the voucher; although I found it a bit disingenuous that they would give me a coupon only good in this hotel knowing that I was checking out and likely moving on that day.
One thing I noticed at check-in, later that evening, and again the next day was the lack of senior staff presence. The front desk was managed by folks in their very early 20s and I saw no on except servers at the happy hour or breakfast. I think some of the rough edges could be helped by more senior staff visibility.

Like most hotels, the rates at this place change a great deal and there are lots of unadvertised specials. Although I couldn't get the great rate I was given over the phone the day before, we were able to drive the price down when we were about to move to a nearby Marriott.

Room Tip: If you're afraid of heights, don't stay on the higher floors. The atrium, glass elevators...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I recently spent 2 nights at Embassy Suites, Hunt Valley. It is a beautiful property, especially the Atrium--Koi ponds, walkways, palm trees--and is well-maintained. My room was an odd mixture; the living room/work area was very dark, with a lot of brown and uncomfortable, 60s-era furniture, but the bedroom was pretty and well-lighted. The bed was wonderful! The staff were pleasant and helpful. There was a complimentary breakfast each day in the atrium, with eggs, bacon, fruit, etc. What did I like most? The scenery-- on the inside...there are little tables tucked away amidst all the greenery and little waterfalls and it makes for a relaxing place to read, eat or just do nothing.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank escapeartist49
Reviewed May 31, 2013

If you arrive at the Light Rail station after 11pm., do not expect to be picked up by the hotel's shuttle. Good luck finding a cab. If you are given a cab company number, be sure to tell them specifically where you plan the wait and where the cab should arrive, like in the parking lot or in front of a store in the Hunt Valley mall.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley
Holiday Inn Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
#2 of 3 in Timonium

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore - North/Hunt Valley? Share your experiences!