Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore - North/Hunt Valley
$110
Hampton.com
$114
$53
All reviewsevening receptionkoi fishbeautiful atriummade to order omeletscomplimentary breakfastlight railfront desk staffsitting areabusiness triphot tubfitness centerthe breakfast areavery nice hotelindoor poolinner harborbaltimorewedding
Reviewed May 30, 2013

While staying there for 3 days, there was a total of 3 weddings. The center pond was beautiful, with tables set along different levels on stairs for their large complimentary buffet. We had a 2 room suite, very well priced, that had a sitting area and a separate bedroom, door and all. The bed itself was very comfortable, not too firm, but soft. Pillows were very soft however. For those who like a firmer pillow, you may want to bring your own. The sitting area couch was a hide-abed in case you had extra people. The room service was quick and great. The staff in the dining lounge was very friendly and helpful. The location was directly off the highway, but there was no highway sounds to be heard.

The hotel was very clean, hotel staff very polite. I will be staying there again this time next year.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Aktundrababy
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I've stayed there several times, and this remains my go to place when I go to north Baltimore. Hunt Valley is a nice place, with shopping and access to northern Baltimore county; horse farms and fishing (Gunpowder, Loch Raven.) Excellent breakfast, clean rooms, attentive staff.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Dryfly0618
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The room was nice, and so was the staff. There just weren't enough people around to run the place.

Granted, I was there over a holiday weekend, but they seemed woefully understaffed. I arrived and left via Baltimore Light Rail, which terminates about four blocks from the Embassy Suites. Front desk clerks drove the shuttle both ways, not a scheduled van driver. Towel service was a problem -- not only did the housekeeper skip a day refreshing the towels in my room, the pool was left without clean towels for at least three hours on Sunday afternoon of Memorial Day weekend. The food-and-beverage staff had the same issues putting out enough clean dishes for the breakfast buffet -- and the omelet station could've used at least two more cooks.

Don't get me wrong. These are nits. I genuinely enjoyed my stay. I was attending a convention across the street and my friends who stayed at the official hotel, Hunt Valley Inn, report far worse service than I experienced. All in all, these are First World problems that I don't get too upset about. I wouldn't even be reporting this, but TripAdvisor says I need to enter in one more review to achieve ... I don't know ... some kind of distinction.

Honestly, if you have need of a room north of Baltimore, the Embassy Suites is as good a place as any and better than most.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank William F
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We loved the lobby area with plants, waterfalls, large fish.
The room was extra large, more then the 2 of us really needed for the price paid. It had a great breakfast, great staff and was close to the horse sale we were attending at Timonium. It was centrally located to a great selection of resturants, movies and malls. It is just off interstate 83 so it is easy to find and close to Inner Harbor at Baltimore. I would recommend it to a larger party then 2 people.

Room Tip: Choose away from elevators, we loved the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Daryl H
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This is the prettiest Embassy Suites I have ever stayed in. The lobby is beautiful with the plants and waterfalls. The room was spacious and loved the blue color scheme. Breakfast was fantastic in the morning. This hotel had the friendliest staff. Truly appreciate the early check in and the friendly smiles by everyone at the front desk. Look forward to staying at this hotel again and again! Thank you for making my stay so enjoyable!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple