“Horrible front desk staff”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore - North/Hunt Valley
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Hunt Valley
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 3, 2011

The only reason I'm even giving this hotel a 3 is simply because of the wedding department and the wedding staff that took care of the Roland/Daniels wedding. They were great! Unfortunately I can't say the same for the front desk staff. They were very snobby, for no reason. I have stayed in several 5 star hotels in several cities and have never come across a staff that won't even look in your direction when they talk to you. Every time I even asked a question it was like I was bothering them and it wasn't there job to help me. On one occasion I had a big cart of wedding items. We were told that we should just take them to the front desk and the wedding department would get them. The front desk abruptly advised me to wheel them around to the banquet room which was down a cobble stone path. They never offered to help. The only reason that I even got help because I had to come back and advised them that there was no way I could do this by myself. So horrible! On another occasion, the mother of the bride was harassed by one of the managers at breakfast. He kept asking her the room number that she was in. The staff advised him that she had been there for three days for a wedding and he still harassed her. I will never stay at this hotel again. Not worth my time. But I had to write this review.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Nique536
cwolfe, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore - North/Hunt Valley, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate the feedback and will certainly address your concerns with our staff. We hope you will try us out again in the future so we can restore your confidence in our staff service.

Reviewed October 13, 2011

The lobby is inviting and the staff is friendly. There are two tvs in the suites. One is in the bedroom and the other in the living room. The sofa bed opens up so that you can have children in your room. There is a door that divides the living room and the bedroom. They are very nicely decorated.The bathroom is large and accommodating. Everyone who stays gets a complete breakfast, not a continental breakfast but a full breakfast. Eggs are cooked to order and there is a large choice of foods.Great place to stay!

Room Tip: All rooms are suites and there are 8 floors.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank patty0240

Thank you for your response. We hope to see you with us again in the future.

Reviewed September 27, 2011

Stayed here for one night while in town on business. This is an older hotel and while they have tried to update it the place still shows it's age. The atrium is nice and the ponds etc. very pleasant. Most staff was polite and professional, however, the cook at the breakfast bar was creepy for sure. Staring with a creepy smile at all the women in the breakfast area...very un-nerving. Also, 9am breafast and they had the TV in the breakfast room set on Maury Povich??? Could we at least get a news channel at that time of the morning??

Elevators were painfully slow and one was broken the whole time. Rooms had been updated but still need work...floors not as clean as they should have been, air conditioner not keeping up, and the beds are WWAAAYYYY too soft. Also, had to pay $10.00 for wireless Internet access.......what?? Free wireless should be tablestakes at all HIlton brand hotels.

Generally I like Embassy Suites but I won't stay at this one again...I hate to say it but it needs to be torn down and start over.

Room Tip: HIgher floors are tough because of having to wait on the elevators.
1  Thank Astyrene2
cwolfe, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore - North/Hunt Valley, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2011

Thank you for your feedback. It is greatly appreciated. We will certainly address the issues that you experienced. It is standard to have a charge for internet access in all Embassy Suites. However, the internet is complimentary in our business center, and we also offer an internet inclusive package as well. We hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed September 25, 2011

I stayed here for three days on business. I was alone but had to take a double bedded room as no singles were available.

I found the room clean and comfortable. The bed was decent. Lobby is nice, with waterfalls and gardens. I got a really good price which, with breakfast included, was a bargain.

I used room service two nights and while it was a bit pricey the service was good and the food decent.

This is not an area with many hotels so the Embassy Suites will be my choice there form now on.

1  Thank CBK780

Thank you for your response. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 17, 2011

So arrived, had ease of check-in although no special treatment usually received from being a frequent user of this hotel chain. Disappointing that our room was never cleaned (we were there Fri-Sun). Amenities were satisfactory.The breakfast was as always very yummy - a great deal, fresh made-to-order omlettes, belgium waffles, everything you could want an a very nice server named Sarah. Lobby and hotel was very nice and clean. Lunch at Wegmans cafe - do check it out.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank poolpt
cwolfe, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore - North/Hunt Valley, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2011

Thank you so much for your feedback. We really appreciate it! Each and every guest is very important to us. We would love to have you back with us again.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

This is a very nice hotel property, with many nice features. The free breakfast is fit for a king, boasting an omelette chef who cooks up whatever you want. It's just hard to be enthusiastic about writing a good review when our check in was delayed for 35 minutes due to inoperative room key cards. The first set did not work. So it's back down the elevators and waiting in line again. A second set was issued, but they did not work either. They finally repaired the lock mechanism on the door, but it was a terrible start to an otherwise pleasant and comfortable stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Basilico
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I've stayed at the Embassy Suites in Hunt Valley several times for business. I have yet to be disappointed. The customer service is fast and attentive and the accommodations are wonderful. The bed is comfortable and clean. The modern bathrooms and amenities are a pleasure when you're on travel. The complementary breakfast, complete with omelet and waffle bar, is hearty and delicious... a nice way to begin your day.

I stayed at the Marriott across the street once and it was no where near as nice as the Embassy Suites. I've been pleased several times now.

1  Thank Ginlynking

Thank you for your response! We will continue to provide top-notch customer service. We look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hunt Valley
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore North / Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
#2 of 3 in Timonium

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore - North/Hunt Valley? Share your experiences!