“The perfect place for a special occasion!”
Review of The Oregon Grille

The Oregon Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The Oregon Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 27 Restaurants in Hunt Valley
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Beaver Dam Road
Reviewed August 28, 2014

We went there to celebrate my Birthday! "Tom Flynn" was our waiter... We started with two dips and crackers (complimentary) Second course... Lobster bisque.... Third course we ordered a blue cheese crusted steak and The Rock fish!!! My only word.... YUUUUUUM!! Tom made it even more special by bringing out Sorbet with a candle, as the pianist played Happy Birthday!! The wine list is quite extensive with several selections for "glasses" of wine. The average price for a glass is about 11 dollars.
This is definitely a special occasion restaurant although I hear lunch is a bit more casual and very nice as well. The views of the park are outstanding! And the ambiance is very romantic!! I highly recommend this place and I look forward to going again!

Reviewed August 24, 2014

After reading many of the more recent reviews I was a little apprehensive about our reservation Saturday night. I was pleasantly surprised. All 3 courses where very good as was the service. My only negative comment is on the wine list. That's some serious margin!

Reviewed August 22, 2014

We have been to the Oregon Grill for dinner a number of times and it has been fine, not wonderful but fine. we went this week on my birthday and were very disappointed. The good news I is it did't cost as much as it could have since it was restaurant week, but the bad news is we could have had a much better lunch for less elsewhere. We eat out a lot and know when we are being short changed.
The host was grumpy when we arrived and though we were interested in sitting outside just whisked us to a cold lonely table in the dining room. It was not crowded and we did have a reservation. My husband is very tall and it would have been nice to have had more comfortable seating.
I chose the lobster tacos from the Restaurant Week menu. After a long wait we were brought rolls, which I thought odd since my husband was having a sandwich , but I became glad I ate mine since I would have gone away very hungry if not. My tacos should have been called corn tacos. Tiny corn tacos. I hope what I was served was not the $18 version on the menu. I would have been furious if they had been. The first bite size taco did not have a trace of lobster. The I second had a tiny filament and the third finally had one small chunk. The dessert cake was fine, but skimpy. My husband had a French Dip which was ok but nearly as good as one he had at a Glyndon restaurant recently.

I was freezing when we left and we ran into friends outside eating on the patio. Their dessert came as we were talking and the cake was twice the portion we received.

Not sure we will ever go back.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

We wanted to try a good restaurant without going into downtown Baltimore tonight. With the O's in town and the amount of road construction going on we wanted to avoid the traffic. Maybe we should have gone downtown after all. It's been quite a while since we've been to the Oregon Grill. I remember a better dining experience last time. Nothing was bad but it definitely wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Their restaurant week menu was one of the better one's we look at. I got the ice berg wedge as my starter with bacon bits and blue cheese dressing. It was just ok. My wife got their French onion soup. I tried it and it was good but not great. My wife got the crab cake as her entree and she really liked it. I got the grilled farm raised Atlantic salmon. Farm raised never seems to be as good as wild caught. And tonight was no exception, it was a bit disappointing. For dessert we both got the warm apple upside down cake with vanilla ice cream. To me this was the best of the 3 courses tonight. We got coffee with our dessert. A really great cup of coffee can turn a good meal into a great meal. Sad to say I was not crazy about their coffee. Sorry but tonight's dinner was just a cut above average.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

5$ martinis for happy hour...had such fun sitting outside. I don't drink Martinis usually and the suggested Lemon Drop was super. Especially liked they only poured a little and kept a little jug with the balance of the drink on ice. Sampled delicious raw oysters. Can't wait to go back for dinner!