“Great Food”
Review of The Oregon Grille

The Oregon Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The Oregon Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 27 Restaurants in Hunt Valley
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Beaver Dam Road
Bel Air, Maryland
“Great Food”
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Everything was good. Oysters Avery appetizer was delicious, salads just right. Service was very precise and courteous. Expensive but great for a special occasion.

“We Will Go Back”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

The service and ambiance were top notch. The piano is such a nice touch. The salads, steak and crab cake were excellent. The only shortcoming was the bland desserts. We chose the Restaurant Week fixed price menu, which made the meal affordable for us, but if we go back we will skip the desserts. Apple crisp should have some flavor.

• Visited February 2014
“Always Top-Notch Dining”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I often dine at The Oregon Grille serving classic American cuisine in northern Baltimore County. This 19th century farmhouse, nestled in the County’s horse country, offers an award-winning wine list and is a go-to venue for special occasions.

During last night’s visit, I decided to eat a bit more casually at the bar where I was greeted by Mark, a consummate professional who is very courteous and accommodating. He also has a great memory recalling my Partner’s name and asking if he’d be joining me.

After my usual cocktail, I decided to indulge in the Lobster Fra Diablo served with a Brazilian lobster tail and a spicy marinara sauce on a bed of perfectly cooked linguine. It was a winner—the lobster was grilled to perfection, very tender with a satisfying “crunch” to it. The sauce was perfectly spiced with just enough “bite” for my palate. I highly recommend it.

So if you are in the mood for a more casual dining experience, try The Oregon Grille’s bar menu. You will be glad you did.

• Visited February 2014
Westminster, Maryland
“We expected more”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

My wife and I and a friend went to Oregon Grille on a Friday night for dinner. We were seated upstairs along a back wall and I was seated facing that wall. The room was delightful in lighting and décor. BUT, my seat faced a brightly halogen lit service entryway that was blinding! Totally ruined the ambience. The waitperson said that she would try to lower the light, but you know how that goes. No offer to move us. two of us ordered the prime rib, which was tough. In fact, the food was average at best, with only the dessert offering a true "dining out" experience. The service was prompt and competent and the wine list was good. We had a fine chianti/Tuscan type wine (from Napa) that was very good!
But, at the price, I expected a better experience, not just the experience one gets when simply avoiding cooking in.

• Visited January 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
“Superior Service and Fabulous Food”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Visited The Oregon Grille for dinner on a freezing cold January night. While waiting on the rest of our party, we were invited to relax in the bar until they arrived. We were seated next to a charming wood burning fireplace and enjoyed the warmth. Once our friends arrived, we were escorted to our table located in an enclosed porch. Tom was our server and he was perfectly attentive without hovering. I enjoyed my Grille salad and especially loved the crab cake accompanied by tiny string beans that were bursting with flavor. Capped off the evening with a yummy apple crisp complete with melting vanilla ice cream. The staff was kind and gracious, the atmosphere was cozy, the food was outstanding and the service was perfect. Looking forward to our next visit. Many thanks to Tom for such a nice night out!

• Visited January 2014