“We expected more”
Review of The Oregon Grille

The Oregon Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The Oregon Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 27 Restaurants in Hunt Valley
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Beaver Dam Road
Reviewed January 31, 2014

My wife and I and a friend went to Oregon Grille on a Friday night for dinner. We were seated upstairs along a back wall and I was seated facing that wall. The room was delightful in lighting and décor. BUT, my seat faced a brightly halogen lit service entryway that was blinding! Totally ruined the ambience. The waitperson said that she would try to lower the light, but you know how that goes. No offer to move us. two of us ordered the prime rib, which was tough. In fact, the food was average at best, with only the dessert offering a true "dining out" experience. The service was prompt and competent and the wine list was good. We had a fine chianti/Tuscan type wine (from Napa) that was very good!
But, at the price, I expected a better experience, not just the experience one gets when simply avoiding cooking in.

There are newer reviews for The Oregon Grille

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Visited The Oregon Grille for dinner on a freezing cold January night. While waiting on the rest of our party, we were invited to relax in the bar until they arrived. We were seated next to a charming wood burning fireplace and enjoyed the warmth. Once our friends arrived, we were escorted to our table located in an enclosed porch. Tom was our server and he was perfectly attentive without hovering. I enjoyed my Grille salad and especially loved the crab cake accompanied by tiny string beans that were bursting with flavor. Capped off the evening with a yummy apple crisp complete with melting vanilla ice cream. The staff was kind and gracious, the atmosphere was cozy, the food was outstanding and the service was perfect. Looking forward to our next visit. Many thanks to Tom for such a nice night out!

1  Thank Jetsetterjill
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I don't eat here often, because the cost of a meal that I like and that fills me up is too expensive for a regular thing. The bar, however, has some happy hours with reasonably priced drinks and nice, free items to nibble on.

For restaurant week, I immediately went off the fixed-price menu and ordered a martini. It tasted good, but for $11.50 I found it to be a meager portion. The complimentary tapenade (two kinds) tasted good. The roll was pretty good as well. For an appetizer, I chose the "tuna stack," which was raw tuna layered on top of some mango layered onto avocado, with mild wasabi sauce drizzled on top of the "stack." I enjoyed this very much. Thinking that I would still be hungry eating only off of the fixed-price menu, I ordered an "appetizer of the day" that was described as being oysters covered by crab imperial. It turned out to be three oysters lightly covered in what I suppose could be classified as crab imperial. It tasted reasonably good, but when the bill arrived, and I saw that the appetizer was priced at twenty-one dollars, I regretted ordering it (it wasn't "twenty one dollars good" :) ). For my main course, I had the crabcake and green beans. The crab cake was good. It was a bit small, and it was not the very best that I have had in Baltimore. The beans were fresh and good. For dessert, I ordered the apple crisp (w. vanilla ice cream). There was a great deal more "crisp" than "apple," and my impression was that it was a bit dry and needed more apples, some lemon juice, a touch of cinnamon, and more butter in the "crisp." The ice cream was good. For the restaurant week price, I enjoyed the limited-choice meal. I understand that the filet main course was very good, as was the maple cheesecake dessert. The two items that I ordered off of regular menus, taking price into account, were a disappointment. If judged only by taste, service, and atmosphere, it was an enjoyable experience that I would like to repeat.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Had dinner with another family on New Years Eve. Super Busy and super slow. Problem really was not about how slow, but when the dinner finally came, food was obviously hurriedly prepared. The Special rack of Lamp had so much pepper sauce that it was almost unedible. Special pasta and Marlin was a very small piece of fish on top of alfredo. Lobster corn cake was bad and when we told the waiter that we did not like it, he offered to wrap it up so that we could take it home. One seafood and vegetables dish came as basically a vegetable dish. Really poor food for $100 a head. I come here every other month or so for business dinners. Wont be back any time soon.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

My husband, brotherand I decided to go for New Years Eve and we were all looking forward to a relaxing evening and a great dinner. Could not have been better. We had a wonderful experience. We were seated upstairs next to the fireplace which our wonderful server Michael diligently kept blazing for us. Began with drinks and the most incredible grilled oysters ever. Melted in your mouth. We had their crab cakes that were so delicious. My husband had the rock fish which he said was the best. Service was great and we were so well attended. Made us feel very special. End the evening with their famous Blueberry Slump and could not stop talking about it. But make sure you top it with their homemade whipped cream. And actually very reasonable too. Our bill for 3 people, including cocktails, appetizers, sides, entrees and dessert was only a little over $200.00. What a great way to end the year! You owe it to yourselves to give this beautiful place a try, we're definitely glad we did! Happy New Year!

1  Thank Theresa W