“Brunch was absolutely divine!”
Review of The Oregon Grille

The Oregon Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The Oregon Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 27 Restaurants in Hunt Valley
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Beaver Dam Road
Reviewed January 8, 2013

The brunch menu is definitely not bad on the pockets, in comparison to the dinner menu. The food was absolutely DELICIOUS! Our waiter was great and the chef was more than willing to change a few items on the menu to suit our tastes. I went on a Sunday ( I wish they did Saturday brunch too) with a couple of coworkers. The dining area was moderately busy but we had our food not too long after ordering. The wait staff made sure our glasses were never empty and we had a great time. The atmosphere was great as well, there was a pianist on duty. I will definitely go back again!

1  Thank dyvawoman77

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We are 3 couples that have been friends for a long time, the husbands for over 35 years so we really enjoy spending evenings together at new places. None of us had ever been to the Oregon Grille and wanted to try it. We were there the Saturday just prior to New Year's Eve. We were very impressed with the outside and even before going in promised ourselves we would be back in the summer as the outside patio was really inviting. There is even an outdoor fireplace which was lit and we enjoyed that for a few moments. The walkway to the front door is lined with those miniature jockeys holding lanterns as a matter of fact the entire decor is set around a racetrack theme but very elegantly done. We were seated as we arrived upstairs in a private alcove. Very nice. Our waiter was very attentive. 3 of us ordered the special which was a rib steak covered in blue cheese, served with a crab cake. 3 of us ordered scallops served over corn. Several ordered cream of lobster soup, black bean soup, a salad, lobster cake or scallop for appetizers. We had drinks and wine, coffee and dessert. The soups were excellent as were the scallops both for the main meal and appetizer, the salads, drinks and desserts and the coffee was excellent. My only disappointment which was not shared by the 2 other dinners who ordered the special along with me, was that the blue cheese sauce overwhelmed the steak. And I thought the accompanying crab cake was a bit on the mushy side. The bill with tip came to around $600.00.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Blaine continues to put out the best steakhouse food with a "homey feel" and whats better than the man tickling the ivories all during dinner! Proof that you don't have to go downtown for the best!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I have a previous review from this past July-August time frame. Wow did things change. There is no change in the physical state or the service of this establishment, but my god the food. We were a party of six, of the six only one of us said the food was ok. My wife's Lobster Fra Diablo was very bland with no spices at all. My crabcakes were no where near what they were for our past visit. I inquired to the waiter on where the crabmeat came from.... he said North Carolina.... more like North Vietnam... no flavor whatsoever. Two people had the salmon, also not good. For the prices, about $35-50 per entree, with all salads, potatoes, veggies being ala' cart for $6-11, you can do much better for your money..... not good at all.

1  Thank Michael C
Reviewed December 14, 2012

This used to be a favorite of ours. No longer. So embarrassing. Took friends- 2 of the 4 meals returned because they were cold. My second arrived after everyone was finished. Prime rib was mediocre for another guest-too fatty. Server did not seem attentive. Drinks watered down. Will head downtown for dinner.

1  Thank Jaylevy44