“Birthday Celebration”
Review of The Oregon Grille

The Oregon Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The Oregon Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 27 Restaurants in Hunt Valley
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Beaver Dam Road
Reviewed June 30, 2012

The atmosphere, wait staff, food selection, and drinks were absolutely excellent. The seared scallops as an appetizer was the special for the evening as was the veal dish - both of which I selected. Very expensive but well worth the price for my special celebration. The loaf of hot bread was wonderful.

There are newer reviews for The Oregon Grille

Reviewed May 22, 2012

The Oregon Grille is a very attractive restaurant, located in a lovely country setting in Baltimore County. It occupies a former general store, in a charming old stone building, which was completely renovated and expanded by the owners of the restaurant. The decor is a rather eclectic mix of Art Deco and Baltimore County Hunt Country, which works well!.

We have gone here over the years for special occasions, like Thanksgiving, birthdays, etc., but it is a delightful complement to a day of shopping or touring too. The original chef was the legendary Mark Henry, a phenom in the county. His successors have been well trained and have retained some of Mr. Henry's excellent gastronomic magic. The menu offers a choice of delectable dishes, some using local ingredients. The luncheon menu is a little limited now, due no doubt to the flagging economy, but still features gems, and the dinner menu is more varied. Brunch is served on Sunday.

The reason I have withheld one star is due to the attitude of the Maitre D's, who can behave with unaccountable snobbishness, to the point of rudness, particularly on holidays. (We no longer go on Thanksgiving, as in the past.) There is no excuse for such behavior; I have read comments about this failing at the Oregon Grille elsewwhere as well.

Haughtiness aside, this is a beautiful setting for a fine dining experience. Just bring your thicker skin - or perhaps a few diamonds and other overt hints of wealth might help...?

Reviewed May 15, 2012

First let me say this was my first experience with the Oregon Grille, it is a restaurant my Mother-in-law really enjoys. She loves their happy hour and casual outdoor seating. They have a fine reputation in the area.... that said I am not from the area..... Overall the experience was acceptable, the brunch menu was HUGE and the Grapefruit Champagne Cocktail divine (a good drink always puts me in the right frame of mind) We ordered a fruit cheese platter, which was nice, pate and bleu cheese based, not right for everyone but fine for my son. My other young son ordered a Cheeseburger, which we ordered medium (warm center), what arrived was anything but it was VERY well done to the point of Pittsburgh.... nothing that a little, okay a lot of ketchup couldn't manage for him but worth noting. Several of us got the Smoked Salmon Benedict, eggs were nice, lite on salmon and pricey.... actually everything was on the pricey end of the scale I believe we got out for under $200, but that was brunch for 4 adults and 2 children. Our biggest issue came in the way of the Grand Manier French Toast, which was neither flavored with orange or cinnamon, but rather what we believe was poultry seasoning. It had no french toast characteristics but instead tasted decidedly like Dry Lipton Chicken Noodle Soup. Offensive no, expected also no. This was an extra entree so we all tried it, as no one could believe my take on it.... but turns out everyone was in agreement. I should have sent it back, but frankly that's just not my style. Had the waiter engaged us as to why it wasn't consumed I would have gladly shared but I wanted to keep the meal stress free, so we just left it. Service was pretentious but we were paying for that, and they were kind. The waiter wasn't asute enough to realize when you were finished and when you weren't, but that is a training issue. Removed things and discarded them without asking if you wanted to take them home as well. Which was disappointing especially as I was in the middle of one of their delicious rolls when mine was taken. I will go back again in the future to establish if this was a busy Mother's Day fluke. But my advice is to order wisely and skip the french toast but perhaps I'll order the creme brulee in the future as that was according to my son....awesome.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

Today I took my mother and sister to dinner for mothers day and it was a horrible experience! Our reservations were at 7PM and we were on time, our waiter was nice enough but knew absolutely nothing about the menu. It took 20 Minutes to get our appetizer order in, because the waiter kept disappearing. It took 40 Minutes to actually get our appetizer..We had to ask for bread because we were starving at this point. We placed our dinner order at 8PM and did not recieve our food until 8:45. My mother had to ask to speak to the manager before our Entre was brought out. We spoke to someone named Devon who said he was the manager but had a snooty attitude and made nothing but excuses as to why the food was not out in a timely manner. He was not empathetic to our terrible experience that we had thus far and we never saw him again after he said he would check on our food in the kitchen. He never returned to ask if there was anything he could do for us, take anything off the bill, desert, anything. They forgot my mothers mashed potatoes, the steaks were not cooked the way we asked. My mother was livid and she wanted to leave BEFORE the food even came out. She felt mistreated and so did I! For this to have been a 4 star resturaunt I expected to be treated a lot kinder and the staff to have been a bit more attentive. My sister got a soda with her dinner and never got offered a refill! Every waiter she asked for one said they would bring it and never did. By the end of our meal, her Pepsi finally came and she was to upset to drink it. We had to ask another waiter for condiments for our food. Our bill was OVER $300. I am so disgusted with this experience I cannot wait to tell everyone I know not to come there. Its like throwing your money in the toilet. Dare I say that our experience was the way it was because we were the only African American table in the entire resturaunt. I would TRULY hope that is not the case. I have a really bad taste in my mouth with this place. What was to be a special day turned into a nightmare and I am truly embarrassed that I took my mother here for Mother's day.

I would absolutely love to get a reply back whether it be by email or mail or a phone call to the number listed above. Please do not offer and coupons, or free dinners because I will absolutely not be attending again. I would consider an offer of half or all of my $300 that I spent in this horrible place. If this comment is not acknowledged in a way that I feel is fair I will take other avenues and it will not be the last that you have heard about this horrible experience. Thank you in advance..

5  Thank Kandis T
Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

Nice place great food excellent service.recommend going for occasion but not every day.