“OK place for an OK meal”

Carrabba's Italian Grill
Ranked #10 of 27 Restaurants in Hunt Valley
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Yorkshire
“OK place for an OK meal”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This wasn't bad; big place, nicely laid out, friendly and knowledgeable staff; extensive menu; good drinks list; food was OK rather than historic - the descriptions were better than the reality, but nothing horrible - large portions good value - rather heavy emphasis on spicy, heavy flavouring. I'm not sure the label 'Italian' is very authentic - I have eaten MUCH better proper Italian food; that said, I would not object to going back and choosing carefully from the menu, if there was no alternative.

Visited February 2013

Timonium, Maryland
“Just a really nice restaurant!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I just love this restaurant. The food is always good, the staff have always been friendly and the prices are reasonable. I love both the steak marsala and the chicken marsala which are dead tied for my favorite! Atmosphere is always lovely...certainly more romantic than the Greene Turtle! Family friendly as well. You just can't go wrong here. I think you'll like it.

• Visited January 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Just an average night out”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This Carraba's was not as busy as I had expected for a Friday night but the service was slow although the wait staff was great. The food was hot when it was brought to the table but the servings were small. The lobster pasta was very good. I was disappointed in the bread and oil as well, the oil lacked flavor. I had a raspberrytini and it was quite delicious. I haven't decided whether I will return again.

Visited December 2012
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Carrabba's - great food and atmosphere”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

This past weekend I visited the Carrabba's Italian Grill in Hunt Valley, Md. As usual , the food at this particular location was excellent and so was the service. I sat at the Pasta Bar to enjoy the cooks working their magic on the dishes they are preparing.

The only slight drawback was that the dinner could have been delayed another 5 to 10 minutes so that we could have finished our salads. A minor slip up that did not detract from the excellent food and service.

• Visited December 2012
Dallas, Texas, United States
“decent food, but loud and a tight fit”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This food was no better or worse than other locations I've visited from this same chain in the North Texas area. However, they appeared to have tried to fit in far too many tables for their square footage. It was only open around 4pm for dinner, so I couldn't eat there on my first day in the area for a late lunch which was disappointing. It is a split design sharing one building and entrance with an Outback Steakhouse.

There was little seating in the waiting area and it was uncomfortable and quite loud. There is little in the way of soft surfaces in this restaurant's design to absorb the roar from clanging pans, scraping chairs, crying kids, partying adults, etc. Whew, it really started to give me a headache before I could get served and leave. I was in a fairly large group, so we needed a few tables together. They did not do a good job of moving things around or having a set up for more than 6 people. We were squeezed into an area next to the wall of their smaller room and flush against another large group. People could not get in/out of chairs without bumping into other diners. Servers could not properly service either group due to the tight quarters.

The food is "just OK" for chain Italian in my opinion. Better than Olive Garden, not as good as most mom and pop or local Italian eateries even in Dallas which is not exactly a mecca for Italian food. Perhaps this is as good as one can expect in the remote burbs of Baltimore, but if you have the time and energy to take the train into the Inner Harbor and find one of the excellent Italian places I definitely recommend it over eating so-so food in this loud, uncomfortable chain location where service and the food are just average.

• Visited August 2012