“Avoid like the plague!”

Quality Suites Hunt Valley
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Hunt Valley
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Firstly the room looked great online however it was an absolute dump when we got there. Holes in the furniture, broken couch and the disgusting state of the place was the start. The window on the sliding door was covered with a white film and should have been replaced. There was a large fan placed in the room to make up for the broken air conditioner. TV only had 3 channels so we went to the desk to ask for assistance. He assured us there were many channels available. He came to the room and when we showed him he tried to make it seem like we were stupid and wrong. We weren't. The remote worked just fine. He took the remote and hit a few buttons then just said it was a remote problem. He kept saying sorry and trying to leave. We asked if he would fix it and he said he would tomorrow or later (this was out last night, just hadn't spent much time in the room so it was new to us). He tried to act like he couldn't understand us (he was Indian but had no issue carrying on a casual conversation when checking us in) and proceed to leave the room and slammed the door in my face as I tried to talk to him. He came with a new remote, said it had to be programmed and left without any help. He was a complete jerk and it was just the icing on the cake to our horrible time there. NOT WORTH THE CHEAP PRICES!

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Rumham

Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Loved the stay here. Its kinda hidden and secret. Love the 2 level rooms it really feels like home when staying for more than one night.Kid friendly and close to movies,resturants and shopping. I would stay here again and I would recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank PynqPantha
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Had a great stay room was clean and nice only problem they couldnt find wood for the fire place, that was the main reason we booked the room. Other than that the stay was great, will be staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Ronie S
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We had to get together as a large family for a funeral last Sept. and came from all over the country. We rented 3 of the the larger rooms with a kitchen and two qn beds. We had 4 people sleeping just in our room but at the gathering had ten to twelve people total when we ate dinner and to sit by the fireplace and talk. There was a lot of room and it felt like an apartment.
The staff was so accomodating to our needs, helpful through this extremly rough time, and compassionate to the children with us. I would stay again!

Room Tip: The rooms with a fireplace and queens are great if you are a traveling family
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank TC F
Reviewed January 24, 2013

What a disaster. Our primary issue was bugs (roaches for the most part - at least I think the majority of what we were seeing on the bathroom and kitchen counters were baby roaches but there were several types of bugs throughout the room). The whole place was in poor maintenance and it appeared while effort was being made to do updates/repairs, those updates did not appear to be quality (i.e. paint different colors on patches on the walls). We had problems with the TV, remotes didn't work, couldn't change channels. The room was not cleaned the 2nd day of our stay. The door lock appeared to have been broken into at one time and therefore did not close properly. I had to lean on it and lift in order to get deadbolt to engage. This caused me fear for safety when in the room.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank dawn121_13
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I booked this hotel because we are having some construction work done at our house and thought it would be good to have extra room for our daughter, the kitchen and it was close to Wegmans etc.. It looked good online, I got a good price so I booked it .. (prepaid) then I decided to read the reviews.. Glad I did .. I was leery especially when i was asked to sign a form talking about a $450.00 fee for cleaning, absolutely no parties etc.. I've never had to sign a form like that ever..
I told the clerk I am going to check out the room. I went to room 112.. There was no flat screen TV only a very old TV sitting on a table I. Front of the fireplace, the couch had 1 very large hole and another smaller hole in the upholstery, the bathroom needed serious new plasterwork and paint, then I looked up at the ceiling to find a huge area of black mold, obvious water damage! The place was just not kept up at all.. Holes in the wall by the bed.. Ugh.. I immediately went back to the desk and told the clerk and manger that my family would not be staying I calmly explained the issues and also mentioned I had concerns already to begin with because of the reviews online... They refunded my money.. No questions asked! Hmmm.. Incidentally I forgot my CC, the clerk called me up and I went right back to get it.. When I got there a couple was at the desk complaining they had NO HOT WATER..

Stayed: January 2013
6  Thank poblead
Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Like many others, our stay here is non-refundable (we're still here and I cannot wait to check out tomorrow!) but if it was, we'd have taken off two days ago.

There's nothing wrong with older hotels, as long as they're maintained. This one os not maintained. I think people live here permanently. There are a couple guys sanding down and spray-painting a car in the parking lot as I type.

Maid service: horrible. Our maid came only once, at 7:30 am, and while she was here, she splashed water all over the kitchen counters and floor. There was a huge puddle on the floor when we got back, and all the food in boxes on our counter was ruined.

They give you two thin, moderately clean towels. No washcloths. The towel for the floor in the bathroom is an ordinary towel that's been cut in half.

There is no water pressure in the kitchen sink. I mean none--it's a dribble.

The floors and couch are filthy. The walls are in terrible disrepair, paint chipping, cracks...

The bathtub: wear shower shoes.

The wi-fi is pretty much no-fi. If you can get it to connect, it immediately disconnects.

If you can find another hotel in your budget, do. Had I seen this place before we paid (we're here on a military move) we would have spent more to go elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank 941AngieJ
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hunt Valley
1 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Timonium
Extended Stay America - Baltimor...
#1 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium
1 mi away
Residence Inn Baltimore Hunt Valley
3 mi away
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North - Timonium
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North -...
#2 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium
Delta Hotels Baltimore Hunt Valley
Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore - North/Hunt Valley

Been to Quality Suites Hunt Valley? Share your experiences!