“unacceptable-Spiders”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Hunt Valley
Atlanta, Georgia
“unacceptable-Spiders”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Stayed one night and here is what i saw.....
1. Water Leak holes
2. Spiders
3. Top of mirror ripped off
4. mold
5. Caulking around tub horrible
6.Someone painted on ceiling then left the paint uneven
Do i need to say more.... THE Maintenance IS VERY POOR AND WHEN I CHECKED OUT THE DESK CLERK WAS DOING SOMETHING BEHIND THE DESK WITH SOME GIRL....SO DON'T GO....NOT GOOD

Room Tip: Rooms on the bottom floor more pest.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sparkless699

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. The first night after goint to bed, I woke up for water in the kitchen to find 5-10 roaches (small to big) in the sink, on the floor and even in mug cups! I killed them all, but every time I checked (every 10-30min), I found 5-10 new coming out from somewhere and could not sleep well the whole night. Eary in the morning, I even found 5-10 roaches on the small table right next to my bed pillow! This is my first experience of killing so much roaches during two night stay in a hotel!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 123chu

Travelers are raving about these Hunt Valley hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed June 28, 2012

At $139 a night for a two bedroom, including breakfast, this has to be seen as a very good value. It is a typical two-level 1980's-style hotel with the parking lot wrapping around the buildings that are frame construction. Everything works, pretty much, but it is really tired, and sort of flimsy. You don't go to this place for a holiday--you are there for a reason--you come, you do what you need to do, you leave. You aren't looking to become part of their frequent visitor program--they don't have one.
The pool is clean, but the hot tub doesn't work. The maid needs to be "encouraged" a bit, but does an ok job. It is a no-smoker, so no bad fumes. The neighborhood is, um, industrial.

Enjoy!

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the main road, on the second floor.
1 Thank suitcasepro
Virginia, Minnesota
Reviewed June 25, 2012

The Hotel was a very nice place to stay they did have some problems here and there but overall my stay was pretty good. I would like to especially thank one of the font desk clerks Ashley for being so kind to us while we were there. I know she was glad when we left because i bothered her so much but she never seemed to have a problem when i asked her for things unlike the other front desk associates. House Keeping Only gave me my husband and two kids 1 washcloth and 1 towel. I called down to the front desk and Ashley was so kind enough to bring me 2 sheets that i needed since house keeping put holey sheets on my bed and she also brought me 4 towels and 4 washcloths. I greatly appreciate her help while we were there because of her i would defiantly recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

Room Tip: Make sure you call and double check your reservation i had to book mine twice because when i called...
1 Thank madeline j
Delaware
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This hotel is nice & has a lot of potential. We asked for a ground floor suite because of recent major surgery but the gentleman told us none were available, so we had to drag a lot of heavy things up to the 2nd floor. (No elevator) At check out, the young lady apologized & said there were suites available & next time she would personally see that is what we would get. The suites are a nice size, the king bed was comfy, the kitchen is nice-it has a full size frig, a full stove/oven, a microwave, dishwasher & toaster. It is lacking a few needed items. While they do supply a few dishes & several glasses, pots & pans are needed as are dish clothes or a sponge & a kitchen towel for washing dishes & cleaning up. Also dishwasher soap is needed. The toilet paper holder was falling off the wall-it had toilet paper stuffed in the hole to make the screw stay in-it didn't work. The rug was badly stained-maybe from pets since pets are permitted? Otherwise the room was clean. All in all-this is a nice hotel-with some TLC it could be great.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 11pooka11
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 8, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed here from February to early June and we had a wonderful time. The studio suites had fully equipped kitchens and fireplaces. I found my room to be clean and cozy. As someone who travels for a living this hotel is an affordable solution to other Baltimore area apartments/hotels. All of the staff, from Alda the sales manager, the front desk staff, housekeepers, maintainance, and Francis the breakfast attendant were wonderful. There was some water issues at the end of our stay but that wasn't the hotels fault and they were more than accomodating. Any maintanance issue we had was handled quickly. This hotel is pet friendly also and the only knock I would give them would be the high pet fee on a long term stay ($150/month) but we knew that when we reserved. We would joke this hotel was a mile from everything, Interstate 83, light rail, gas and shopping. All in all a nice location and affordable for the quality of the rooms! They also have 2 bedroom penthouses available which we didn't stay in but toured one of them and they are beautiful!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Heidi K
east coast
Reviewed June 2, 2012

As I'm aging, I move from the "anything is fine" to the "I like my space". I tend to look for suite facilities, especially when staying more then one night. And so it was that we hunted around on the internet for a 2-night stay to apartment hunt for our son.

I was elated to discover an online price of $120 for not one, but TWO bedrooms and 2 bathrooms! This would allow our son to spend an evening with us if necessary (and the horrible tornadoes/thunderstorms turned into such an opportunity). The biggest need was internet (free) to help accomplish our apartment hunt.

A personal phone call came back with assurance as to the internet. I had also noticed a note online about there being steps to negotiate. Recovering from back surgery and using a walker, I hesitated but realized that this was referring to access to the loft bedroom. That wouldn't apply to me - I'd use the bottom floor bedroom. I still, however, came into this with the awareness that $120 a night was too good to be true against surrounding prices, but I could survive (I hoped) if things were sort of bad.

Check in was a bit of a weird experience. While I arrived with a confirmation number, the hotel had absolutely no record of the reservation. In fact, apparently they don't even use the same reservation number that is generated online. Fortunately they weren't filled up, but a heads up that if you ever book online, you should followup with a personal phone call to the hotel to ensure they don't sell your room.

Approaching the room, I noticed several steps around the facility. I was able to navigate relatively well, but wheelchairs might have more problems. What was a surprise, however, was the LONG staircase. So it turns out that ALL 2-bedroom rentals are upstairs units. You have to climb approximately 20 steps to get inside. THEN you have another set of stairs for the loft. So fair warning.....no way to avoid steps even if you thought you were being in the first floor bedroom.

We switched rooms due to lack of AC in our unit and unfortunately got put all the way in the back. I say that because apparently wireless internet service is nonexistent in the rear of the property. This is remedied by the hotel's thoughtful provision of an ethernet cable. Unfortunately in my case, an IPAD doesn't allow for ethernet. This also limits you to one computer in use if you travel with other computer-needy people.

Yes the rooms are dated, but I would give up renovations for the large amount of space that was offered. My only complaint was the phone lines that never worked and only 4 plates, 4 glasses and a little silverware for a 2 bedroom. The bedding was wonderful. I was worried about some of the softness with my physical problems but I slept soundly both nights - even during the thunderstorms. The couch and chair are low to the ground which suited me but for some reason, caused stiffness after sitting for an extended period of time.

I also think the staff is doing a great disservice by not providing any information within the rooms. Admittedly their clientele seems to be long-term customers, but for those passing through, it would be nice to have welcome information. No pad of paper, no pen, nothing to make you want to explore the area. Granted, there was a display area by the hotel check-in that had various pamphlets regarding local attractions, but they were often duplicated in the display and I don't recall any information specifically for the immediate area. Perhaps a simple list left in the room that gave distance information to things like a supermarket (check out Wegman's by following Beaver Dam Road to the very end at the Hunt Valley Mall), or nearby eating places (Macaroni Grill in the other direction at Padonia), etc.

Breakfast got an "F" in my book. All that was offered was dried up corned beef hash and two cereals with a few pastries that remained. I figured we got there at the end. Fortunately I had brought a croissant from home and enjoyed my food. Later, I happened across a wonderful place called Pennsylvania Dutch Market on York Road, and created my own breakfast on our check-out day.

Yes, there are bad things about this place, but I think a little bit of recognition on the staff's part to creating a welcome - and returning - feel for the casual traveler will go a long way in many happy returns.

Room Tip: Call after online reservations to confirm they received the reservation. Try for closer to the offi...
1 Thank videokenomom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hunt Valley
Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore North / Timonium
Delta Hotels Baltimore Hunt Valley
Residence Inn Baltimore Hunt Valley
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North - Timonium
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North -...
#2 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium
Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley

Been to Quality Suites Hunt Valley? Share your experiences!