Residence Inn Baltimore Hunt Valley
Hotels.com
$110
$118
$62
All reviewsfull kitchenfront deskgreat hotelfire pitlight railhot and cold itemsgranite countertopsmake your own waffleslarge flat screen tvan extended stayone bedroom suiterooms are hugelifeguard on dutyfree breakfasttowne centerclean roomslacrosse tournament
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I was so disappointed in this hotel! Not what we usually find when we stay at Marriott hotels! When we first opened the door of our room we noticed that the carpet was stained and the furniture was dirty! The shower drained very slowly so you ended up standing in a pool of water while showering! The toilet would not stop running, the second night we ended up turning the water to the toilet off! If you like feeling like you are sleeping on the floor, you will like the beds! They were so hard I couldn't sleep, and got up in the morning with a backache! Housekeeping came earlier on the first morning, we told them we would be leaving in an hour and asked if they could come back then, she said ok! When we returned later that day, our room had not been cleaned! I called the front desk, they Said the cleaning people don't speak English and because of the language barrier, I should have called the front desk rather than talking to the housekeeping people! Really! I was suppose to know she didn't speak English? So after talking with the front desk, I was told that all housekeeping staff was gone for the day, the only thing they could do was to bring us clean towels! When we returned from dinner we found they had left 3 towels (for 4 adults and a baby)! The next afternoon we decided to relax at the pool, the air conditioning in the pool area was not working! our daughter took their baby swimming while we watched from outside! ( it was 98 degrees outside but it was cooler out there than in the pool area!) the lifeguard opened the door to try and cool it off, then he sat down and played video games on his phone! When they got out of the pool there were no towels! The lifeguard told her to go to the front desk and ask for towels! This is not the type of service we have come to expect from Marriott! We felt like the adults we on vacation for the summer and the kids were running the place! Horrible!!!!!!!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
eadams, General Manager at Residence Inn Baltimore Hunt Valley, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for the feedback about your recent stay. I am terribly sorry that your stay was riddled with complications and inconveniences. I can assure you that our hotel and its staff typically live up to the Marriott standards that you have grown to expect. I will send you a private message to get more details about what room you were in so we can correct the problems with the bathtub and toilet.

In regards to the customer service issues with the front desk, housekeeping and lifeguard I have already discussed this with our management team and we are working diligently to correct these service shortfalls to ensure this does not happen to any future guests. We take great pride in providing excellent customer service to all of our travelers and I sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations during your recent stay.

Thank you again for sharing, without this type of valuable feedback from our guests we are unable to correct problems in a timely manner.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by the Residence Inn at Hunt Valley.

The rooms were spacious and well stocked with goodies for our arrival. The coffee was delicious and easy to make. The room was clean with all the amenities we needed. The staff was very friendly with a minor exception - we attempted to hookup a PS3 to the LG TVs they had but it wouldn't work at first. The maintenance man said he'd seen the problem before but couldn't quite remember the solution (Solution, hold down the power button the PS3 to adjust the screen resolution while it is on and plugged into the TV and on the correct source button). One other issue - we were in a wedding party but they told us that we couldn't have more than 4 in the rooms at any one time. We broke this suggestion and did not have any repercussions for it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Michael B
eadams, General Manager at Residence Inn Baltimore Hunt Valley, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Michael,

Thank you for the review from your recent stay at the Residence Inn Hunt Valley. We are excited you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the tip on how to get the PS3 to work on our TV’s. I will share this information with our front desk and maintenance teams so we can resolve the problem faster in the future. As for the number of people in the room, that is a local regulation set by our County’s Fire Marshall for the safety of our guest in case of an emergency. Thank you again for taking the time to post your review. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the Hunt Valley area.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Had a short 1 night stay last week for my sister's wedding. Check in was efficient, the rooms were clean and everything was great. The only drawback was that for some reason the thermostat in my room was set for 60 degrees! I had a late check-in, in between the wedding and the reception. Upon noticing how cold it was, I turned the thermostat up to 72, and quickly left for the reception. The problem is that I forgot to switch it over from cool to heat, so when I returned from the reception the temperature had only gone up to 62. Still way too cold to sleep/ It finally dawned on me at that point to put it to heat and the heat kicked on. Lucky for me a group of us had decided to sit in the outside courtyard down by the gas fire pit so by the time I got back to my room it had warmed up considerably. Extra blankets were in the closet and I did grab one of them. Breakfast the next morning was crowded but good. I understand that there were several large groups in the hotel that weekend. I am always pleased with Residence Inn and choose them over any other hotel if at all possible.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank eileen0862
eadams, General Manager at Residence Inn Baltimore Hunt Valley, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Eileen,

Thank you for posting a review about your recent stay at the Residence Inn Hunt Valley. We greatly appreciate the feedback about the thermostat, we will certainly take this information back to our housekeeping and engineering teams so we can make sure this doesn’t happen to the next customer. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the Baltimore area.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

This hotel is the complete package, whether you are spending the night or staying for weeks. This place has it all. rooms are large, clean and modern. It also comes with a free breakfast.
There are washers and dryers to do laundry, a service to purchase groceries for you if you give them our order before 9am. located to close to a large mall and easy on and off of route 83.

Room Tip: make sure you ask for the pet free floor if you have allergies.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Greenjjeanpa

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay at the Residence Inn Hunt Valley. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the Baltimore area.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

The Residence Inn Hunt Valley is outstanding! The management and staff are well above average and the amenities are exceptional. Meals offered by the hotel are overall very good, always fresh, and very tasty. There are fresh baked cookies at the front desk every evening during the week which is a hit for young and old alike. The hotel itself could not be in a better location. The Baltimore Light Rail stops almost in the parking lot and a $7.00 round trip ticket takes you to the Inner Harbor for entertainment or business without the hassle of driving the busy highways and finding a place to park. The staff suggested we visit the Ocean Pride restaurant for crabs and crab cakes and they were exceptional. A mall is nearby and neat small restaurants are everywhere, all within a half hour drive. The State Fair has its own light rail stop making the Residence Inn Hunt Valley a great place to stay for the fair.

Room Tip: The rear of the building looks out on a retention basin that the deer frequent every evening.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Paul P
eadams, General Manager at Residence Inn Baltimore Hunt Valley, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Paul,

Thank you for the wonderful review from your recent stay at the Residence Inn Hunt Valley. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay. Ocean Pride is one of my favorite restaurants for crab cakes, so I am glad to hear you enjoyed our staff's recommendation. I will share your positive comments with our staff and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the Baltimore area.