All reviewsfull kitchenfront deskgreat hotelfire pitlight railhot and cold itemsan extended stayone bedroom suiteliving arearooms are hugecomplimentary breakfastclean roomstowne centerlacrosse tournamentworked finethe entire staffmovie theater
Reviewed December 17, 2011

Our family of 4 and our dog stayed here while we waited to close on a house. Overall a great place to stay, good price and only minor complaints.
The hotel is located close to the highway and a rail link so getting aroung from there was easy. There is a mall, liquor store and some good places to eat close by.
Hotel looked well kept and clean. Nice lobby area which doubles up as the dining area. Breakfast and evening meal included during the week Mon-Thurs, reasonable food, sometimes even good.
Room size was good, alittle cramped with 4 of us a dog and all the crap we took with us, but plenty big enough for a regular vacation stay or business.
Kitchen area in the room is always usefull so you don't have eat out all the time. Room service/cleaning did an o.k job considering our amount of stuff and the devastation the kids leave in their wake.
Wireless Internet is free but strenght of signal greatly varies, it worked in the lounge area in the suite but not the bedroom. There are a couple of computers in the lobby area "Business center" where you can print which is good, the fax machine never worked but the staff sent any I had from their back office.
The pool and hot tub are nice, workout area is well eqiuped and a fair size.
Laundry facilities are great, plenty of machines. However people leave their laundry and don't come back for hours.
This is a dog friendly hotel so you get the odd late night bark and the odd steaming pile.
I would not hesitate to book at this hotel again if I needed to stay in Hunt Valley.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank FreeUpgradeHunter
Reviewed November 14, 2011

PROS: Good location to Hunt Valley Towne Center and easy access to York Rd.which makes it an easy drive to Towson. Clean and spacious accommodations. Indoor pool is larger than what you typically see at hotels. Nice fire pit and lobby experience. Great, responsive staff. Although the hotel was fully booked when we stayed, you would never know it. Any requests were fulfilled in an extremely timely manner. Good value. We paid the same for a 2 br suite/full kitchen as it would have cost us for a standard room at the Sheraton in Towson.

CONS: Lumpy rollaway bed with springs about to come through it. Not a big deal, but inconsistent with the rest of the hotel.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank KMG30
Reviewed October 29, 2011

We stayed here recently for my brother's wedding. The staff was extremely helpful and nice. The room was very clean, comfortable, and had all the amenities we needed. The kitchen was well stocked and very neat. Breakfast was a full breakfast with eggs, sausage, pancakes, and all the fixings plus stuff you could also just grab and go if needed. If we ever need to travel to the area again, we'd definitely stay here!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank KEI2001
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I travel a lot with my hubby, and I would say this is the best hotel experience I ever had. The decor of the room we stayed was unsurpassed. The room made us feel that we were in our executive studio apartment. The staff was very friendly. The price was right and the customer service was excellent. I will stay at this hotel again, anytime I am in the Maryland Baltimore area.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sekfer33
Reviewed September 19, 2011

My fiance and I stayed at the Residence Inn this past weekend. We were in Maryland for a Couples Retreat. The Retreat took place about 30 minutes from our hotel. We have many Marriot points and so we chose the Res Inn because our stay was free and also, because we enjoy the reliability and cleanliness of Marriot properties. This property did not disappoint.

Following a three hour drive on a busy Friday evening, we were very happy to pull into the parking lot of the Residence Inn. There was a fire burning (not sure if real or gas) in the pit on the patio adjacent to the entrance. It was a welcoming touch and it immediately gave u the feel of "coming home." We were greeted by Jeff, a very friendly young man. He checked us into our room. We always request a room on the top floor away from the elevator. Marriot asks about special requests when you book and so, our room was in the perfect location on the sixth floor far from the elevator.

The room itself was a very large and spacious studio. It was well decorated and comfy. The flat screen tv rotated and so, you coulc watch it from anywhere in the studio. The bed looked so inviting -- down comforter, and lots of pillows. The room could NOT have been nicer.

Because we were busy all weekend, we did not have the opportunity to take the train into the city. The train station was right next door (no rain noise). If we ever visit Baltimore again, we would likely skip staying in the city and opt for the Residence Inn instead. There are many beautiful country roads in the area. Our drive to Westminster for the retreat was absolutely GORGEOUS!! Rolling hills, huge horse farms..... the drive alone was worth the trip.

There are many chain restaurants in the area. Unfortunately, we did not have the time or energy to explore too much but I imagine there are some treasures in the area, if you are up for a short drive.

Overall, the Residence Inn deserves two thumbs up!!

Room Tip: Our room was a studio suite. I am not certain about what the one BR might be like but the suite was plenty big enough for the two of us.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple