“Would stay here again.”

Residence Inn Baltimore Hunt Valley
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Hunt Valley
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 14, 2011

PROS: Good location to Hunt Valley Towne Center and easy access to York Rd.which makes it an easy drive to Towson. Clean and spacious accommodations. Indoor pool is larger than what you typically see at hotels. Nice fire pit and lobby experience. Great, responsive staff. Although the hotel was fully booked when we stayed, you would never know it. Any requests were fulfilled in an extremely timely manner. Good value. We paid the same for a 2 br suite/full kitchen as it would have cost us for a standard room at the Sheraton in Towson.

CONS: Lumpy rollaway bed with springs about to come through it. Not a big deal, but inconsistent with the rest of the hotel.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank KMG30

Reviewed October 29, 2011

We stayed here recently for my brother's wedding. The staff was extremely helpful and nice. The room was very clean, comfortable, and had all the amenities we needed. The kitchen was well stocked and very neat. Breakfast was a full breakfast with eggs, sausage, pancakes, and all the fixings plus stuff you could also just grab and go if needed. If we ever need to travel to the area again, we'd definitely stay here!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank KEI2001
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I travel a lot with my hubby, and I would say this is the best hotel experience I ever had. The decor of the room we stayed was unsurpassed. The room made us feel that we were in our executive studio apartment. The staff was very friendly. The price was right and the customer service was excellent. I will stay at this hotel again, anytime I am in the Maryland Baltimore area.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sekfer33
Reviewed September 19, 2011

My fiance and I stayed at the Residence Inn this past weekend. We were in Maryland for a Couples Retreat. The Retreat took place about 30 minutes from our hotel. We have many Marriot points and so we chose the Res Inn because our stay was free and also, because we enjoy the reliability and cleanliness of Marriot properties. This property did not disappoint.

Following a three hour drive on a busy Friday evening, we were very happy to pull into the parking lot of the Residence Inn. There was a fire burning (not sure if real or gas) in the pit on the patio adjacent to the entrance. It was a welcoming touch and it immediately gave u the feel of "coming home." We were greeted by Jeff, a very friendly young man. He checked us into our room. We always request a room on the top floor away from the elevator. Marriot asks about special requests when you book and so, our room was in the perfect location on the sixth floor far from the elevator.

The room itself was a very large and spacious studio. It was well decorated and comfy. The flat screen tv rotated and so, you coulc watch it from anywhere in the studio. The bed looked so inviting -- down comforter, and lots of pillows. The room could NOT have been nicer.

Because we were busy all weekend, we did not have the opportunity to take the train into the city. The train station was right next door (no rain noise). If we ever visit Baltimore again, we would likely skip staying in the city and opt for the Residence Inn instead. There are many beautiful country roads in the area. Our drive to Westminster for the retreat was absolutely GORGEOUS!! Rolling hills, huge horse farms..... the drive alone was worth the trip.

There are many chain restaurants in the area. Unfortunately, we did not have the time or energy to explore too much but I imagine there are some treasures in the area, if you are up for a short drive.

Overall, the Residence Inn deserves two thumbs up!!

Room Tip: Our room was a studio suite. I am not certain about what the one BR might be like but the suite was...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Naplesinlove
Reviewed August 23, 2011

For my money, the Marriott Residence Inn is THE place to stay in Hunt Valley. For the cost of a regular hotel room, you get the equivalent of a small apartment, with living room, bathroom, vanity area, and full kitchen (complete with pots, fridge, microwave, stove, sink and dishwasher.)

We stayed in a 1-bedroom suite on the first floor. The suite was beautifully decorated and it felt like you could actually live there.The bedroom was a little snug in comparison with the rest of the space, but the bed was very comfortable and there were full curtains available to block out any outside light. Great for sleeping late!

There is a Giant supermarket just a block north on York Road and a Wegman's market less than a mile away (across Shawan Rd), so you can stock the full-size refrigerator with groceries and cook meals in the kitchen with little trouble.

The staff was super friendly and helpful. When I told them I needed some extra chairs for a dinner party I'd planned to hold in my room, they suggested using the hotel's outside facilities instead. The gas grill worked perfectly, and had it not been so hot that night, we would have eaten on the tables in the grill area. Instead we ate in the cool and comfortable breakfast area. After dinner, the eight of us went back to the suite, where we easily fit in the living room with the help of a few extra chairs provided by the hotel.

The hotel had a nice indoor pool with lifeguard on duty and a small exercise room. As of the date of this review the hotel was under two years old, so the facilities are modern, clean and new.

The day of checkout, I had a very nice conversation with the maintenance supervisor. He asked if I had any complaints and all I could think of was that the bathroom door squeaked. He said he'd take care of that right away. He also went out of his way to give me a tour of one of the larger one-bedroom corner suites, which I plan to reserve for my next visit to Hunt Valley.

Room Tip: Ask if the corner 1-bedroom suites are available -- they give you the most room
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Kamala_k
Reviewed July 3, 2011

This hotel was clean, quiet, and comfortable. It offered more amenities than I expected which allowed me to relax and enjoy the hotel as if it were a home. It's very convenient to local restaurants, shops, a light rail stop, and a grocery store.

• Stayed: June 2011
4  Thank MalOVision
Reviewed June 6, 2011

This hotel is well kept. The rooms are very large - with a large flat screen tv and full kitchen.
Everything is very clean and comfortable. There is free internet everywhere I went in the hotel. The free breakfast wasn't bad at all -- eggs, pancakes and make your own waffles.
The staff was very friendly and willing to help in anyway. There is a little computer area also where you can print off boarding passes which is really convenient. Free parking and plenty of it.
The bed was clean and comfortable -- the linens were soft enough.
The elevators were a bit slow so maybe stay on a lower floor or take the stairs!

Right down the road are dozens of restaurants and shops.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore North / Timonium
Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley
Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley
Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel

Been to Residence Inn Baltimore Hunt Valley? Share your experiences!