All reviewsfull kitchenfront deskgreat hotelfire pitlight railhot and cold itemsan extended stayone bedroom suiteliving arearooms are hugecomplimentary breakfastclean roomstowne centerlacrosse tournamentworked finethe entire staffmovie theater
Reviewed August 23, 2011

For my money, the Marriott Residence Inn is THE place to stay in Hunt Valley. For the cost of a regular hotel room, you get the equivalent of a small apartment, with living room, bathroom, vanity area, and full kitchen (complete with pots, fridge, microwave, stove, sink and dishwasher.)

We stayed in a 1-bedroom suite on the first floor. The suite was beautifully decorated and it felt like you could actually live there.The bedroom was a little snug in comparison with the rest of the space, but the bed was very comfortable and there were full curtains available to block out any outside light. Great for sleeping late!

There is a Giant supermarket just a block north on York Road and a Wegman's market less than a mile away (across Shawan Rd), so you can stock the full-size refrigerator with groceries and cook meals in the kitchen with little trouble.

The staff was super friendly and helpful. When I told them I needed some extra chairs for a dinner party I'd planned to hold in my room, they suggested using the hotel's outside facilities instead. The gas grill worked perfectly, and had it not been so hot that night, we would have eaten on the tables in the grill area. Instead we ate in the cool and comfortable breakfast area. After dinner, the eight of us went back to the suite, where we easily fit in the living room with the help of a few extra chairs provided by the hotel.

The hotel had a nice indoor pool with lifeguard on duty and a small exercise room. As of the date of this review the hotel was under two years old, so the facilities are modern, clean and new.

The day of checkout, I had a very nice conversation with the maintenance supervisor. He asked if I had any complaints and all I could think of was that the bathroom door squeaked. He said he'd take care of that right away. He also went out of his way to give me a tour of one of the larger one-bedroom corner suites, which I plan to reserve for my next visit to Hunt Valley.

Room Tip: Ask if the corner 1-bedroom suites are available -- they give you the most room
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Kamala_k
Reviewed July 3, 2011

This hotel was clean, quiet, and comfortable. It offered more amenities than I expected which allowed me to relax and enjoy the hotel as if it were a home. It's very convenient to local restaurants, shops, a light rail stop, and a grocery store.

• Stayed: June 2011
4  Thank MalOVision
Reviewed June 6, 2011

This hotel is well kept. The rooms are very large - with a large flat screen tv and full kitchen.
Everything is very clean and comfortable. There is free internet everywhere I went in the hotel. The free breakfast wasn't bad at all -- eggs, pancakes and make your own waffles.
The staff was very friendly and willing to help in anyway. There is a little computer area also where you can print off boarding passes which is really convenient. Free parking and plenty of it.
The bed was clean and comfortable -- the linens were soft enough.
The elevators were a bit slow so maybe stay on a lower floor or take the stairs!

Right down the road are dozens of restaurants and shops.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank drjds71
Reviewed May 23, 2011

i loved this hotel! it is in a great location with shops, grocery stores, restaurants nearby. And the rooms were amazing!! Seemed brand new with beautiful kitchens, new furniture and comfortable bedding! I have been in the process of moving out east and have been staying in a lot of hotels in DC, Baltimore, Hunt Valley, Columbia.. and so far this is by far my favorite hotel!!! Great service, I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank momo303
Reviewed May 15, 2011

The hotel was exactly what I would expect from Residence Inn and a little better. The facility was very clean with a modern lobby. The pool was a decent size, perfect for the kids. The workout facility was well maintained and had plenty of options.

• Stayed: May 2011