Baysail School & Yacht Charter - Day Tours
Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
ASA 104/114

Just finished a great weekend completing the ASA 104/114 course on a Gemini Legacy 35. We sailed... read more

Reviewed September 3, 2018
thejerbear
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Great sailing school and charter

Highly recommend BaySail for classes and sailing. Great sailing school with skilled captains and... read more

Reviewed May 28, 2018
Alexander E
Conshohocken
via mobile

All reviews captain russ learning experience great sailing look forward great person coast guard chesapeake bay bald eagles susquehanna river asa instructor confidence instructions skiing classroom sailed certificate
Reviewed July 25, 2016

I finally talked my wife into getting our certifications together. She said she would go to the 101, but she wasnt so excited about persuing it any more than just the first class. We had Capt Bill, and we were the only two in the class. We both had such a good time that weve already BOTH signed up for 103. Hopefully I wont have to twist her arm to go farther along in the certifications. I would recommend Baysail to anyone thinking of wanting to learn. My wife was aprehensive because of limited experience. Ive been sailing for a while but wanted to get some formal training. The 101 class is geared towards anyone with no prior experience, but is very informative to even someone with a little experience. Cant wait for the next class!

Date of experience: July 2016
1  Thank Lazypine
Reviewed May 14, 2016

Just returned from the Baysail 103/104 5 day combination course. The weather was pretty lousy but the instruction great. Lots of cold, little wind made the course potentially a disaster but Captain Jack did a great job finding ways for us to learn and improve our skills, especially in general the running of a boat as well as docking. Captain Jack very knowledgable. We had 4 students and Captain Jack. We took Baysail's newest addition, The Pegasus, a 41' Benneteau with all sorts of bells and whistles on its maiden voyage. Great Boat. Great Captain. Fun Crew.

My only somewhat negative is that the five of us shared 3 berths and the salon berth; meaning two strangers had to share a bed. Not my favorite thing to do but we got by.

Date of experience: May 2016
1  Thank 194PaulN
Reviewed May 9, 2016 via mobile

Just took the ASA103 course after having taken the 101 a couple of years ago. The owners, Tami and Todd, run a great operation and have first rate instructors that are a pleasure to sail with and learn from.

Date of experience: May 2016
1  Thank Stephen M
Reviewed April 27, 2016 via mobile

I arranged a sail trip for my husband's 50th birthday. From the very moment I spoke Tammy for the arrangements, I knew I had chosen the right place. Tammy was so helpful and kind in helping me surprise my husband. She also gave me wonderful recommendations for lodging and restaurants. Jack captained our trip and he was so knowledgeable and made our trip a day to remember. I highly recommend Baysail.

Date of experience: April 2016
1  Thank Odyssey413531
Reviewed December 11, 2015

twenty five or thirty years ago Havre de Grace, MD. was a backwater and not worth going into. However, with excellent leadership and heavy resident participation, this is one of the "must see" places in the Upper Chesapeake Bay. Bordered on two sides by water (The Susquehanna River Ends its 400 mile journey there-and The Chesapeake Bay) this town of 11,000 not only offers antique shops a plenty, nice restaurants, and four museums, but a heaven for those who love sailing. Bring your own sailing craft, rent a slip and several marinas or hook-up with the Baysail School (to learn or learn more about sailing), and/or Yacht Charter. Well worth getting off of I-95 or RT#40.

Date of experience: December 2015