“Great for Weekend Burger and Beer”

MacGregor's Restaurant and Tavern
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2014

If the weather is good, MacGregor's is it. Mac's has the best deck in Harve de Grace. Nice view of the water and bridges across the Susquehanna river. Great place to meet with friends. Menu is fairly basic and uncomplicated. Good tap menu with fair section of micros. The burgers and beer are what I go here for. Great daily specials.

1  Thank Theoxleo

Reviewed July 15, 2014

My husband loved the Harbor of Mercy Rockfish but was dismayed by the 4 lonely asparagus spears that accompanied it. The crab cake on my Crab cake and avocado salad was fabulous but the avocado and salad parts were more like garnishes. Our waitress was cheerful and attentive and explained the beer offerings knowledgeably. It was a rainy evening so our view of the harbor was limited. On a nice evening, it would be really pleasant. If you aren't crazy about vegetables, you'll love this place.

1  Thank Annette O
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Made a reservation for my husband's birthday. When we arrived there was no acknowledgement of the reservation or the noted birthday. Might have well just walked in off the street. Seated on the deck as requested, friendly waitress, drinks brought in a timely fashion. The food was a 2.5 on a 1-5 scale with 5 being the best. I am told by my family and others that I am an above average cook so I expect above average to excellent from people who cook for a restaurant. My husband ordered the crab cakes. The crab cakes looked as if they had been spooned up in an ice cream scoop, very little lump crab. Where are the hand made crab cakes? This is Maryland!! and prime crab season. What is the problem? My husband asked for French fries in place of baked potato. Substitution no problem but you can receive more fries in the small portion from McDonalds.
I ordered the rock fish. Sizable portion- it was ok. Vegetables accompanying the entrees were zucchini,asparagus and corn which were not over cooked, appeared to be fresh and were very good. I guess MacGregor's has a well established reputation in Havre de Grace. I may try MacGregor's again but I can get better crab cakes in Annapolis and Ocean City, MD and certainly at home if I'm so inclined to make them myself.

4  Thank TURKS7
Reviewed July 6, 2014

After being dissiapointed in our initial experience ad Tidewater Grill we went next door to MacGregor's and had a great experience! We were seated right away in the outdoor area under the awning facing the water. Our server was very attentive and the food was very good. An overall great experience.

1  Thank Keith P
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We went to McGreggors after our wedding at the Vandiver Inn (see review for that here: http://tinyurl.com/ojf3egn) because we were told it has a fun atmosphere and a live band playing. Well, it did have a live band that day, which was fun, but it was very loud and PACKED. Luckily, we went out on the deck to the second bar. It was MUCH quieter here, plenty of room, and we could comfortably listen to the music, talk, and still enjoy whatever drinks we wanted.

I only stayed for one drink then left (after the wedding I was exhausted) but it was the perfect place for it. It was also walking distance from the Inn, which made traveling to and from hassle free since we were drinking. I can't say anything about their food since I didn't order any, but I'd definitely recommend this place to enjoy a drink with music and friends.