“Taste of old Italy in USA”

Mount Felix Vineyard & Winery
More attraction details
Owner description: Right off I-95 at exit 89 (less than a minute)-just went to a wine tasting there. Beautiful views of the Susquehanna River and vineyard. All wines designed with the history of the town or the house/vineyard itself. Wonderful hospitality. Perfect break from I-95 traffic. Has signs on the highway.
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have been travelling with my family in USA for 10 days. We have had great time.
But in the memory of my children and my wife will always remain the great hospitality received in Mount Felix Vineyard & Winery (and I want to add) & Suite!
Peter, Mary and all the family have reserved us a great welcome. We have really enjoyed our stay, the food and the great wine.
The location is great and the view is spectacular.
Peter is incredible. It has been great to see how he is proud of his Italian origins and how much passion is putting in his job.
You cannot miss this place if you drive on the I-95 and you are nearby Havre de Grace.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

I dragged my non-wine drinking boyfriend here and he walked out with 2 bottles of wine.

They offer 2 samplers, a 5 wine and a 7 wine. One is the dries and the other the sweets, but I can't recall which is which.

I had the their dry wine sampler, which I enjoyed. My boyfriend had the sweets, which he LOVED. Several of the sweets are fruit wines, ie. pumpkin and cherry (both of which he purchased). This was a bit more interesting than you usually see.

Beware, there are no toilets, just a port-a-potty, in summer, you get the hint.

Regarding the previous review, the owner will tell you the real story, and it is posted no pets allowed.

2  Thank tinacaro
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stopped for wine tasting on the way home from Haver de Grace. They have 5 sweet tastings for $5. and 7 dry tastings for $7. You are allowed to take your glass home afterwards. We were surprised that there were only two true sweet grape wines in the sweet tastings - the others were other flavored ones. Pumpkin, Cherry, Cranberry/Apple Our favorite part was sitting outside overlooking the beautiful view with lively music playing in the background. It was a fun way to end our trip with friends - enjoying the beautiful weather in a lovely setting!

1  Thank Gimberlin
Reviewed August 17, 2012

As you pull down the long driveway and approach the main house, you feel the history of the area. It is not until you get inside of the tasting room where you get to sample the best of the best.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Mount Felix has become a place of frequent travel for me and I would reccomend it to everyone and anyone looking for a good time! The owners Pete and Mary are not only very responsive to all their guests and/or customers desires, but very friendly as well! There is an indoor wine bar for those who prefer the indoors or happen to stop by on an extremely hot day and a patio where you can enjoy wine by the glass and/or bottle as you take in the beautiful view of the Cheasapeake Bay on a clear day as well as a small vinyard. A great place for some quality time with your signifigant other, a group of friends, or just solo should that be the circumstance! Mount Felix is never boring as each time I visit there is always something from classical music to good food and even the random farm animal or two you may see! Speaking of, they do have a dog who is extremely well behaved!!

1  Thank Ccass1982