“Pretty good, but average”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Chiapparelli's - CLOSED

Chiapparelli's
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Baltimore, MD
“Pretty good, but average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Got plenty of bread and salad. Service was good and wait staff were friendly. Left feeling full! Food was good, but not exceptional.

Visited September 2013

Pompano Beach, Florida
“A Good Outpost”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

We heard mixed reviews from our neighbors on this new outpost of the well known Baltimore spot in Little Italy. So we tried it for ourselves. We found a classic informal (no tablecloths) friendly Italian restaurant with good food and wine at reasonable prices. It was a fairly busy Friday evening but the service was fine. The lasagna (all the flat pasta are homemade; the other pastas are not but they are imported from Italy) was very good, flavorful, hot and delicious. The 2 backfin lump crabcakes were very good, not the very best we ever had, but definitely up to high Maryland standards. Fries with the crab cakes were excellent, crispy with a light touch of Old Bay seasoning. All the wines were well priced, our 2010 Mouton Cadet bourdeaux was $18, probably about 50% markup compared to the usual 100-200% markups at many restaurants.

• Visited September 2013
Richmond, IN
“50/50”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I enjoyed my meal of chicken marsala, the sauce was lovely. It came with pasta and marinara, it was very good as well. My husband and I enjoyed the salad and bread sticks. But he did not really care for his meal. He complained afterward and when I asked him a few days later what he had he couldn't even remember. So that is what I would say about his-not memorable.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Laura O
Bel Air, Maryland
“better think twice”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

The zuppa was good. The salad was classic. Unfortunatly it stopped there. We had garlic bread served to us that was raw and cold. I had peppers and onions with sausage. The sauce was great, the sausage was rubbery( please simmer, not boil) the onions and peppers close to raw. My wifes shrimp was rubbery(over cooked), pasta was well done, not much life left in it. The service was beyond poor, i had to get up to request cheese for my dishes and found waitress behind bar chatting with co-workers.
We ate here last afew years ago and said to each other we would not be back.
We will not be back ,I can assure you.
i will drive downtown if I want a Italian meal prepared out, this place has a lot to be desired.

• Visited July 2013
Monroe, Louisiana
“a taste of italy at home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

i have been to italy and tasted real italian prepared foods. the food here was a trip back in time,and was a very memorable occasion. we enjoyed the food, and the atmosphere was very good for conversation, which is scarce today in so many places.

• Visited July 2013