“Perfect stay!”
Review of Vandiver Inn

Vandiver Inn
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We stayed at the Vandiver during a business trip for the Army, and couldn't have been more pleased. The service and hospitality were spectacular, with every member of the staff and the owners going out of their way to make sure we were extremely comfortable. The rooms were beautiful, with incredibly comfortable beds and great charm. The food and wine were also excellent. I can't say enough good things about this place - highly recommended, and five stars all around!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed November 12, 2013

This was our second visit to the Vandiver. The first time we stayed in the Lauder room and loved it, but decided to try something different this time. We stayed in Stokes which has a shared porch with a view of the water in the distance. We wil try for this room again when the weather is warm so we can take advantage of the porch. I have no idea why Stokes is labeled a basic room. We loved the alcove entry, and the porch certainly makes the room more than basic in our minds. The staff is pleasant, and breakfast was ample: a choice of omelets or eggs any style with sausage, fresh breads, cereals, fruit, yogurt, coffee and teas. Highly recommend this B&B. One word of caution: if you go out on your porch, be sure to take your key. We got locked out when the door blew closed! Fortunately, our kind neighbors were home and let us go thru their room to get back to ours.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Had the opportunity to stay at the Vandiver Inn last week while attending a conference at Aberdeen Proving Ground. John, the owner, and the entire staff could not have been more hospitable. We were welcomed upon our entry; treated with the utmost respect and courtesy throughout our stay; and even offered small gifts as thanks for our patronage.

The drawing room and surrounding areas afforded a wonderful venue for after-hours discussion, and contributed much to the success of our event. The rooms were well-apportioned and very comfortable.

We will stay hear again, as future events bring us to the area.

Thank you for a memorable stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I've been both a vendor and a guest at the Vandiver Inn for over 8 years and it's by far my favorite venue to work and the best B&B I've ever stayed at. They staff is top notch and the owners (John & Susan) couldn't be nicer or more invested in their guests happiness and comfort. The food is amazing and the atmosphere is relaxed and laid back. John, Susan, Chasi and Jo and the Vandiver Inn in Havre de Grace get my highest possible review and I would suggest to anyone looking for a wedding venue to make the Vandiver your first call.

1  Thank Frank M
Reviewed November 5, 2013

On November 1, 2013, we held our daughters at The Vandiver Inn, Havre de Grace Md. From the very start of the day I could tell that the staff of the inn were just as excited as we were to have this day go off without a hitch. The wedding party and our guest had a wonderful time from start to finish. Many that were there stated it was the best wedding they have ever attended which made me feel great. The food was excellent and I would recomend The Vandiver Inn to anyone. I'm going back as soon as I can, thanks John and staff.

Room Tip: all rooms were good
1  Thank vernon s
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I live just about 30 minutes from Havre de Grace, but when I visit this quiet little town to spend time with my son, Vandiver Inn is a must. I've stayed at Vandiver a handful of times, in all different rooms, each of them have their own special features, I would love to see them all. I enjoy the mix of old and new furniture that gives it that true B&B feel while still making you feel at home. I especially enjoy the Jacuzzi bathtubs, wireless internet and cable TV. The beds are incredibly comfortable. Breakfast is always delicious and I love chatting with the staff about anything and everything. They can always recommend a restaurant around town, different touristy stuff or even pour you a glass of wine to enjoy by the fireplace or walk around the beautiful grounds

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TrentsGranny
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We had our daughters wedding at the Vandiver Inn on Nov 1,2013. The wonderful owners of the Inn and their staff provided everything we wanted and more. The pavilion was picture perfect and the accommodations for our overnight guest were amazing. The food was delicious and they provided us with several options to serve to our guest. They exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
#5 of 16 in Aberdeen
Days Inn Perryville
Days Inn Perryville
#1 of 2 in Perryville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)

Been to Vandiver Inn? Share your experiences!