WINNER WONDERLAND
Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel before an early morning flight out of BWI. The hotel has a shuttle that will take you anywhere in the area for free. They took me and a colleague to a nearby restaurant (there is a new casino too that they can take you to), dropped us off, and then came and pickup us up later. The next morning they took me to the airport and I was able to keep my car there for 5 days for free (choose the Park and Stay option). It was A LOT cheaper than parking but close to even if you include the cost of the hotel stay compared to parking at BWI. When I returned, I called them and they came and picked me up and brought me back to my car.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TamikaBrown, Assistant Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Thank you for staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to accomodate all of your lodging needs. We look forward to seeing you again during your future travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Killeen, Texas, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

Loved the hotel....really. Breakfast was good, loved the fresh fruit, and decent coffee. My problem started and "continued" with the $100.00 hold on my credit card for incidentals...My company had a pre authorized credit card to pay for my stay, I simply provided a personal credit card to cover amenities and incidentals. And thats where the Nightmare began!!! Instead of holding funds as previously discussed, they (holiday inn) "charged" me for every night on my personal card. Easy fix, right? Talk to management and everything should be fine?? How about i was charged not only once, not twice, THREE TIMES!! but to add insult to injury, they charged the full amount of my stay on my personal creditcard!!!!!!!!!! As I type this review right now, (having checked out a day prior) I'm still waiting for this hotel to correct the issue "they" created..... To be clear, I was refunded my funds the two previous times during my stay (incidentals $100.00 for 3 days at a time), but for the hotel to turn around and erroneously charge the wrong card!?!??! Simply unacceptable. Polite and friendly though they might be, untrained & unprofessional staff will ALWAYS leave patrons leaving feeling less than likely to ever return. Perhaps the Hampton up the street will have better trained staff....

Room Tip: Insist that you pay for incidentals as you need them!!!!! Or decline them altogether.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Frank B,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding breakfast.

However, We’re sorry you received poor customer service from our staff which was unacceptable. We will address this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Willow Grove
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Very pleased with our last minute decision to stay here when our flight plans changed suddenly due to the weather(PHL to BWI). The hotel was very clean, comfortable and the shuttle service to BWI was v convenient!! The stay, park and fly program fit our needs perfectly! The staff at the front desk was courteous and suggested a bagged to go breakfast when we mentioned that we had a 6:15AM flight the next morning. Our car appeared un-touched--we parked in a well lighted area in the front- when we returned 14 days ater. We couldn't have been more pleased at our decision!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WillowGroveGinny
TamikaBrown, Assistant Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West. We are very pleased to have met all your lodging needs, as it is our pleasure to provide you with the best customer service. We're really glad you enjoyed the On The Go Breakfast. We want to look out for the early risers as well, since breakfast is the most important meal of the day. We hope you had a wonderful vacation and we look forward to seeing you again during your future travels.
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

I will give credit to the hotel because it's one of the original-generation properties that has been renovated. Lipstick can only do so much, and as a platinum member, I've stayed at lots of properties -- but this one's renovation is pretty favorable. Regardless, two of the top cardinal sins in the hospitality industry are lack of hot water and lack of functioning HVAC.

I noticed the hot water was lukewarm in the afternoon when I took a shower. Then, when I returned after a business dinner, the hot water ran cold. I contacted the desk, and they said the system had been reset 30 minutes ago. I waiting 90 minutes to take a shower again, and this time, it was very cold.

I'm not in boot camp, at war or in a state of emergency. And I noticed from reviews that problems with hot water have come up at this property before. As a consumer reporter, I give a warning to my fellow consumers. An otherwise good experience here has been tarnished.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TamikaBrown, Assistant Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
We sincerely apologize for the inconvience that you've experienced at our hotel regarding the hot water. We would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We have forwarded your comments and concerns to the General Manager, Karl Lyons. We would like for you to contact Mr. Lyons at the hotel 410-684-3388 to futhur discuss this matter and make it right by you. As always we thank you for staying here with us here at the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West and we look forward to speaking with you.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

The hotel's park and fly program lets us start our vacation relaxed and stress free.The room is comfortable and spacious and the staff is friendly and helpful. The shuttle service is quick and efficient-both to and from the airport.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank MaraS500
Thank you for staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West. We're glad we could accomodate all of your lodging needs here at our hotel. It's our pleasure to provide you with the best customer service. As always we thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again during your future travels. We hope you had a wonderful vacation!
Collingwood, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed at this hotel unexpectedly due to a flight cancellation. It was very clean, quiet, and smelled good :) The breakfast was very impressive - lots of options, and they even provided to-go bags to pack our own breakfast options to take to the airport. I was very impressed as it has been a while since we've stayed in a "chain" hotel, and this exceeded my expectations!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank rch789
TamikaBrown, Asst. Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West. We are very pleased that you've had a wonderful experience here at our hotel. We really appreciate your comments and feedback as we strive to provide the best customer for our guest. We hope to see you again during your future travels.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

Staying one night at this establishment due to its proximity to the business I conducting the following day, I was pleased with my selection and would stay here again. This is Holiday Inn Express is typical of the chain and had facilities that met my needs very well. although I didn't use it, the Fitness Center was much better than average, had very good equipment, and looked appealing. Although it wasn't a disappointment, the breakfast wasn't impressive either. It didn't offer anything to make it stand out from other establishments. All-in-all, I would recommend this establishment for a short stay for anyone conducting business along the Baltimore-Washington Cooridor.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TamikaBrown, Assistant Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West. We're glad we could accomodate your lodging needs. We're sorry our breakfast wasn't very appetizing for you. We really appreciate your comments and feedback as it helps us to make our establishment better for our guest. We will definiately forward your feedback to the proper department. We look forward to seeing you during your future travels. Happy Holidays!