“Great Hotel stay”

Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I arrived at the Holiday Inn Express on Sunday, July 22, 12 and departed on July 27, 12. The check in was professional and with a great smile. The hotel seems to be brand new, very clean, and quiet. The room was bigger than normal, clean, nice furniture, 42’ flat screen TV, excellent WI-FI internet service, very comfortable bed, and nice size bathroom. The breakfast is not an embassy suite but had a pretty good selection. The restaurant Denny's is adjacent next door. The Mall is only a about a 1/2 mile and the hotel has a shuttle service. This was my first time staying at a Holiday Inn Express and the service exceeded my expectation. I would recommend this hotel for anyone staying Hanover, MD.

Room Tip: I would select a room away from the elevators and never on the first floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank INMS
HiexpressBWI, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Thank you for your recent posting on Tripadvisor regarding the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your recent stay.

We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgement of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to let others know. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Holiday Inn Express BWI-West a leader in excellence.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express BWI-West.

James Sauers,Jr
Front Office Manager

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West

Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stay here flying out of bwi several times a year, have tried a few others but always find ourselves coming back because of the comfort. Nice large clean rooms with anything you need, staff has always been helpful, always use the shuttle service with very few problems coming and going from the airport. Will not try any other hotels in this area.

Room Tip: I always like the rooms on the side of the building so at night I can watch the planes coming in. K...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank seashells9
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stayed here with my husband and 3 young children last week and was very disappointed. We are loyal priority members and have stayed in several of the brand hotels across the country but have never before had such a frustrating and negative experience. Upon arriving at 9:45 pm on a Wednesday I was told that the room I had confirmed earlier in the day had been given away to someone else. When I asked how that could happen I was told that the computer does not allow staff to put more than two people in the room I requested although earlier in the day when I called that hadn't been an issue. It was late though and we decided not to make an issue out of it. Once in our room we noticed there were no extra blankets/pillows in the closet for our kids to use. I called the front desk at 10:00 and asked for 5 blankets (knowing that they usually bring you much less than you ask for) and waited. 3 trips to the front desk and 45 minutes later 2 blankets were finally brought to our room. Also in that time we began to notice a strong smell of smoke in the bathroom. We were in a non smoking hotel, all windows were closed with A/C on and there was no one outside smoking at the time. I told the front desk about the smell and they said it must be coming in from outside. I explained that the exit doors and our windows were closed and that no one was in the parking lot smoking at the time. The smoke was clearly coming from another room and was getting very unbearable. Staff's response was to tell me to turn on the exhaust fan and that they would look into it. We ended up just keeping the door closed and fan on and we never heard from staff again. No apology, no follow up, nothing. I was offered 1000 points for my inconvenience. (1000 points is an insult considering our experience and that the room was booked for 20,000 points). We do not recommend this hotel and will consider becoming loyal members of another chain after this experience.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank EItraveler
HiexpressBWI, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. You willingness to share your thoughts is appreciated.

The Holiday Inn West-BWI Airport is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

I have listed my phone number below so I could speak with you about the disappointment you experienced. I would like to make this matter right with you and bring a sense of resolution and satisfaction concerning this matter.

Your willingness to share your experience is genuinely appreciated. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve your future lodging needs.

James J Sauers, Jr
Front Office Manager
Phone: 410-684-3388 Ext154

cc: Karl Lyons (GM)

Reviewed July 1, 2012

We have stayed here every year for the past several years before flying out of BWI. This year it has been nicely refurbished. Beds are comfortable. Rooms are clean. Staff has always been very nice, even when busy, and the breakfasts, while not fancy or gourmet, are filling. Wifi is exceptionally good for a hotel. Last year when the suite we booked wasn't available, my teenage son and is friend were given their own room across the hall at a lower rate. Price is competitive with other hotels in the area, but they include more free services, so generally a positive experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I stayed here for a few nights while recovering from jet lag. My room was a good size, modern and was very clean, as were the hallways,lobby and breakfast room. The wifi was strong in the room.

The free breakfast was the standard hotel fare but good quality. They actually had fruit!!

I used the shuttle service to get from bwi to the hotel and all went smoothly. The shuttle can also take you to the arundel mills mall which is a few blocks away.

I'd recommend this place highly. The only downside is that it's only conveniently located for ppl with cars. But i believe you can take the shuttle to a train station to go downtown if you don't have a car.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed June 15, 2012

My stay at the Holiday Inn Express was very nice; room was very clean, newly renovated and beautiful; the staff was amazing (front desk and all support staff) and went out of their way to accommodate all my requests.

Room Tip: 5th floor Rm 522 was amazing and very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Wow! What a nice Holiday Inn Express! It was super clean, the bed was comfortable, the shuttle service was prompt and they upgraded me to a suite! All of the equipment in the gym worked and when I asked the front desk to change the channel away from the always offensive fox news they were happy to do so. Overall a great experience.

Room Tip: If you area priority club member, the suite upgrade is really nice!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business