WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Cantina Mamma Lucia

Cantina Mamma Lucia
Ranked #5 of 110 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Discover an authentic Italian restaurant in Hanover, Maryland. Cantina Mamma Lucia serves up delicious, traditional Italian food that your whole family will love. Founded in 1989 by Francesco, Dominick, and Anthony D'Antona, our family-run restaurant combines down-home Italian cooking with originality and creativity. Those same three brothers still own and operate the restaurant and catering service.
San Antonio, Texas
“Great Authentic Italian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2010

I'm originally from NYC and know good italian food - I'm half Italian. I have been going to Mamma Lucia's since it opened in 1989. I lived in Hanover until 2001 and moved to Severn (about 7 miles away), but still eat about 3 or 4 times a month at Mamma Lucia's. I especially like the Veal Picatta and Chicken Marsala. Their recipes are the best and they prepare it consistently well...never a complaint on taste or portion. Prices have gone up somewhat over recent years - but they were insanely low to begin with. I think the prices are reasonable today. You have to serve yourself, but that is by no means a detractor or an indicator of the quality of food. They even have a frequent diner club which gets you points toward free dinners or other assorted things and they give you a free entree on or around the time of your birthday. Hate to see this secret ruined with success, but they deserve the added business and I wish them all the best. Afterall, they have fed my family and I well for over 20 years.

2 Thank LivinginSanAntonio

Maryland
“Great food, quick counter service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2010

The food is great, the service is quick. We eat here with our three young kids which makes counter service much easier than being waited on. You don't miss out on taste here though despite the counter service. The other big plus is that with pizzas, pasta, subs and cannoli you can find something for every taste. I also appreciate that though they have Pepsi in the fountain you can still get a bottle of coke.

They also have a lunch buffet. We haven't tried this but have been in there at lunch time and it is frequented by the business crowd.

You can check out the menu at the url below. There are also daily specials.

They are NOT OPEN ON SUNDAYS except for catering orders.

Baltimore, MD
“fYI - this is no Mexican”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2009

I see this is labeled as mexican cuisine. It's Italian. Very good as well, My family and I eat here often. Good service, good portions and good prices.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Been to Cantina Mamma Lucia? Share your experiences!