“Great tucked away find”

Ranked #7 of 113 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Discover an authentic Italian restaurant in Hanover, Maryland. Cantina Mamma Lucia serves up delicious, traditional Italian food that your whole family will love. Founded in 1989 by Francesco, Dominick, and Anthony D'Antona, our family-run restaurant combines down-home Italian cooking with originality and creativity. Those same three brothers still own and operate the restaurant and catering service.
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This location was very close to Homewood Suites where I was staying.

Did enjoy this little place a lot. Liked how you order in the line, and then they call you up for your order. Was nice not to have to tip a waiter and to take care of things yourself. But the food was of great quality.

Was fun to have the live music as well. Cute little place to enjoy yourself with good food.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

The lunches are popular, and the place has been upgraded since I had been years ago. The food is good, but nowhere near Mama Roma's Italian. For a fast, filling lunch, it is great.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Forget about being the #1 restaurant in Hanover, MD. Mamma Lucia's could be #1 in many urban areas when it comes to Italian food. Barbara & I had a layover in the BWI area. Along with my sister Lorraine, we decided to take a stab with Mamma. We were soooooooo impressed with the food. The restaurant in located in a small strip mall... do not be deterred. You order your food at the counter... do not be deferred. They take your money at the cash register BEFORE you have any food... do not be deterred. Barbara had the stuffed shells; Lorrie had the eggplant parm; I had the veal parm. We all tasted the three & debated which one was best. We could not make a decision!!! Wonderful, wonderful food. Furthermore, my sister went home with enough extra food for two more meals! (The New York style pizza looked good, too, but we did not partake.) I hope this review helps you make this decision - go the Mamma!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I had one of their lunch buffets back in 2011. And now in 2013; Wow, this place is different and better. The staff wear matching shirts, the place has expanded, and the buffet is better than before. This is not your local Olive Garden. To the owner, your improvements have made me a believer (I will eventually pick you up on the gourmet pizza once promised). Great place to enjoy a meal. The price versus food is a great deal. I noticed they have dinner prepared meals ready to go (great idea for those last minute meals). I will make this place a norm on the lunch tour. I endorse recommend this place for a good bite.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I LOVVVVVVE THIS PLACE...the food is always fresh, the cooks and servers are always available. Everyone is happy...the restaurant is clean, relaxing. The atmosphere and food make you want to come back everyday. I love the new look....again thanks for the excellent food and excellent service. LITTLE ITALY:)