“Fast food ordering with restaurant meal”

Cantina Mamma Lucia
Ranked #6 of 112 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Discover an authentic Italian restaurant in Hanover, Maryland. Cantina Mamma Lucia serves up delicious, traditional Italian food that your whole family will love. Founded in 1989 by Francesco, Dominick, and Anthony D'Antona, our family-run restaurant combines down-home Italian cooking with originality and creativity. Those same three brothers still own and operate the restaurant and catering service.
Reviewed February 7, 2013

They have an impressive menu with a wide variety - it's a little over priced in my opinion. I don't like the order at the counter feel, but it does save money. I had the gorgonzola chicken with a side salad and wine and it was $20? I guess we are used to if you pay more than $10 for a meal, give us a salad! They have a nice looking room available there and the cannoli was great. If you live in the area, Mondays are cheap pizza pick up option with a side door and special parking.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We have always enjoyed great food here in a simple atmosphere of no frills. They've remodeled and taken away any sense of cafeteria that may have existed before. Traffic flow is optimized with improved and expanded seating to complement the consistently great food. Kudos to the Cantina!

Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

We went to Mamma Lucia after landing at BWI. It is less than 10 min from the airport. It occupies a large end of a shopping center. It has plenty of seating with tables and booths of various sizes. You walk up to the ordering counter. They have daily specials and a paper menu available. It is also listed on the wall. I believe the menu mentioned they have a buffet during lunch Monday through Friday. We were there at supper time. My husband ordered the stromboli and I the chicken cheese sub. They were both delicious. The chicken sub was prepared just like a cheesesteak sub. The bread was fresh and soft. The chicken seasoned perfectly. A great mixture of flavors in every bite. The stromboli was prepared fresh. In fact they were making a huge batch of dough when we arrived. The dough was a little yeasty flavored which I like. The sauce that was served on the side was not very herby buy very tomato-y. Even though you ordered at the counter and they called your name when ready, the food was served on real plates with real silverware. The pizza that others were eating looked very tasty.
The ambience was pleasant. There was Italian music playing one of which was Andrea Bocelli, which in my opinion is always good.
Not much in service because you pretty much serve yourself but everyone we saw was pleasant and friendly. We will definitely be eating here again on our next trip to Baltimore.

Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

I returned to the Hanover area on business last week and was happy to see my favorite Italian restaurant was reopened after closing for expansion. Ordered my favorite meal, veal piccata, and it was excellent as usual. The prices haven't gone up either. I also ordered a half pan of chicken brunello for our family who are still in the Hanover area. I was able to use my frequent diner points I had accumulated before we moved away. The pan easily has eight or more sizable portions. I must always make CML a stop on every trip to Maryland.

3  Thank MarylandTripper
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

The food was hot and was as expected. The oder was placed at counter and when your number is called you served yourself.