“Only the price beats Olive Garden.”

Cantina Mamma Lucia
Ranked #6 of 112 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Discover an authentic Italian restaurant in Hanover, Maryland. Cantina Mamma Lucia serves up delicious, traditional Italian food that your whole family will love. Founded in 1989 by Francesco, Dominick, and Anthony D'Antona, our family-run restaurant combines down-home Italian cooking with originality and creativity. Those same three brothers still own and operate the restaurant and catering service.
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I expect more from the top Italian restaurant featured on trip advisor. This is simply a good place for pizza that happens to serve Italian food. If I was to return it would be only for the pizza, not the pasta. Good for a quick bite.

1  Thank lope754
Ponder2900, Owner at Cantina Mamma Lucia, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2011

Sorry you were disappointed with the lunch buffet. Please let me know the next time you stop in and I will personally make you the gourmet pizza myself which is only made to order. If you prefer to try one of the photographed entrees, we can do that for you as well since they are not available on our lunch buffet either.

Reviewed September 8, 2011

We liked everything about eating here.

It was pretty quick, order at the counter, then food is brought out.

Service was great, you could tell these guys were owners, or had some great interest in the business.

Food was very good, at reasonable prices.

Don't expect a lot of atmosphere, as it is in a strip mall, but it was pretty good.

2  Thank largebarn
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Bruschetta was very tangy - it's delicious for vinegar lovers, and decent to good for non-vinegar lovers.

Had the Spaghetti with Marinara sauce, which was very good. The fettucine alfredo was just ok, though I liked that they put mushrooms in it for me.

Self-serve, so there is no tip which is a plus for budget minded folks. But you have to carry all your plates and food to your table. Overall, average to above average for the price. If all prices were maybe $1-2 lower, I'd rate it a 4.

1  Thank PopT4rts
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We eat here a lot. Lots of choices for our family and the counter service makes it overall more enjoyable for families with small kids.

Lots of choices from pizza, pasta, salads, etc. You can get both Coke and Pepsi which is a big deal in our house. We have never been disappointed with anything we've gotten here, well except for maybe the cannoli - I've had better but still didn't have any issues finishing it

The only complaint would be space but supposedly more space or a better space plan is in the works.

2  Thank Familyof5fromMD
Reviewed July 29, 2011

My family has been going to this restaurant for the past 20 years; visiting at least once a week. It has a variety of Italian dishes from pizza, subs, entrees, and desserts. Cantina Mamma Lucia did an excellent job in catering my husbands 50th birthday party. They were on time, supplied all the tableware, and the food was great. If you are in the area and hungry for Italian food, stop by, you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank patti0110