“good stuff”

Duclaw Brewing Company
Ranked #17 of 112 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are an American craft restaurant with a passion for good service, quality food, and great beer. Come and experience why craft's should always be cherished.
Lexington Park, Maryland
“good stuff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Beer was delish (got the double IPA and the black pale ale) but was bummed the seasonal wasn't ready to be served until the following week but the food was also great! Had the nachos and arizona burger with the pepper jack cheese instead of gouda (server's recommendation). Would def like to go back again and try more beer!

Visited October 2012

lompoc, ca
“Excellent food--some of the best I have had!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Thank you for serving fantastic food!! We had the carpaccio with the shaved parmesan, truffle oil and capers. That is a combination that just works absolutely perfectly!!The meat was excellent--tender and flavorful and with the parmesan and capers melting in your mouth and the softness of the truffle oil adding to it, delicious! We also had the duck fries with the 3 dipping sauces. It was really tasty--I liked them all but I especially favored the truffle oil (nice and smooth with a perfect mild flavor to go with the fries)and the vinegar (a little stronger offset to the fries)--just incredible together! We also had the ahi poppers with a dipping sauce-- perfectly in crispiness and a nice smooth flavor perfectly offset with the dipping sauce (what was that by the way--num!). For dinner I had the crabcakes and they were awsome! I live on the Eastern Shore and have had my share of good crabcakes, but these just top any I have had so far. I absolutely loved the combination of the mango salsa with the crab cakes, and the crab tasted so fresh you would think it was caught right before it was served. The flavor was perfect and the cakes cooked to perfection. For dessert we had the mascarpone cheesecake with maple sauce - fantastic! It had the flavor of cheesecake but it was less dense and a lot smoother than regular cheesecake and although it probably isn't lighter than regular cheesecake with less calories, it felt nice and light! Really really good! Thanks for an outstanding meal! The service however wasn't quite up to par with the quality of the food. The server asked more what we wanted to order than trying to sell us on the menu. Maybe a little sales training would benefit the staff?

• Visited October 2012
Orlando, Florida
“Out of town regular.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

I travel to Hanover a lot for work. I have never been to Hanover and not stopped into DuClaw. The skinny: DuClaw is cool. The beer is original and tasty, and the food is local. By local, I mean crab-filled and/or topped goodness. My recommendation: Burger, topped with lump crab meat on a pretzel bun with mustard and a side of fries with a Venom to wash it down. Yummy.

• Visited September 2012
Millersville MD
“Second favorite restaurant in Arundel Mills”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

We've eaten here many times. I love the quirky variety in their meals. The only thing I wouldn't recommend is a salad item. We just have never lucked out in that department. The veggies aren't very fresh. We just stay away from them at this restaurant. I like their beer selection. My husband doesn't partake, so I don't have any input from him.

The only thing I don't like about Duclaw is the atmosphere. It's really dark and depressing. I think that must be the look they're going for! Maybe I'm not edgy enough to "get it". Probably so.

This last visit was just hubby and I but we have been here with the grands and they like the food.

• Visited June 2012
Kankakee, Illinois
“Only thing worse than the food was the service!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

Supposed to be known for their burgers and "hand cut" fries. We arrived for lunch and there were two other parties there at that time. Three of us ordered the burgers and all of us had the fries. Nobody even finished 1/4 of their fries. Nobody's burger was cooked correctly and everyone at the table had mistakes on their orders. No refilled beverages, no concern or questions by the waiter. (couldn't find him or any wait staff for over 15 minutes after our order). When we let him know that we weren't happy with the food his only reply was "I guess then you don't want dessert".
Stay far away from this place.

• Visited August 2012