“Great food and show”

and up
Medieval Tours Dinner and Tournament in Maryland
Ranked #2 of 10 things to do in Hanover
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Won tickets through a Facebook contest for Saturday afternoon at 1:30. We parked in the garage so was easy in and out! We had great seats however was seated next to a young couple with young kids who sat on parents laps whole time and I got kicked most of show. Might be nice to have a seating for people who don't wanna be seated with unruly kids! Wonderful food the chicken was delicious and so tender! The servers seemed so rushed like we are a production line. Loved the show beautiful horses and costumes! Our green knight won!

1  Thank Nrstsra14
MTMaryland, Public Relations Manager at Medieval Times Maryland Castle, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Congratulations on winning tickets to a recent show. We are glad you could spend part of your Memorial Day holiday weekend with us!

Reviewed May 14, 2014

We went to Medieval Times in April 2014. I thought we were among the last people in Maryland who hadn't seen the show yet. Therefore, I wasn't expecting many people on a Wednesday night. To my surprise, the place was packed.

My boyfriend and I took our kids (ages 5 and 12). I don't know who had more fun, us or them! I expected a lot of jousting, but it was actually a tournament and you get to cheer on your team (that you are automatically grouped in).

The food was DE-LICIOUS!!! They don't offer you utensils to eat with and I knew this going in, so I brough a plastic fork. They might even have some, if you ask. I don't know. The type of food given, is easy to eat without one.

The light up swords and lasers are over priced, of course (about $16), but it was a great experience. The admission during the time we went was Buy one Get one Free, so that made up for it. I never have a problem parking, but it can be a zoo at Arundel Mills Mall, where the place is.

Service was great. The show was awesome and the food was spectacular. What more can I say. Oh, and my 5 year old daughter was named "Queen of the Tournament". That night was awesome. I can't wait to return.

1  Thank Want_my_opinion
MTMaryland, Public Relations Manager at Medieval Times Maryland Castle, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

We are glad you had a "knight" to remember.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

First of all, please believe the other reviewers that parking takes a while. We drove around for at least 15 minutes. It's a complete zoo. Tip #2: enter the restaurant from inside the mall. This place has a complete system down to a T. Tip #3: There's an option to purchase a knighting of your child in the waiting area but they don't tell you at the cashier. I think you have to know to ask. We wish we had done it. It's pretty cool. The waiting area is sufficient and the drinks are decently priced. The selection of kids shirts could be much better. Inside the arena area was very cool. The wait staff is great with the exception of the bar maid never made a return trip to us do we had to hijack one from another section. The food was all very good...juicy chicken, tasty soup, great seasoned potatoes and decent dessert. We had a great time cheering for our knight and enjoying the show. Final tip: the earlier you check in the better the section of seats you'll get to sit in. Middle versus toward the ends.

3  Thank traybird

We are glad you had a "knight" to remember!

Reviewed May 12, 2014

This was our first time being here. I went with my wife, our 11 year old boy and our 8 year old girl, we all had such a great time! The show was amazing, as was the service. The food is really good as well. Yes, the parking can be a hassle but it was the weekend(mother's day) and the castle is attached to the mall. My advise is to get there early enough to drive around for a spot, really not a big deal though.
Thank you to the entire staff for such a great time!

2  Thank eddiestw
MTMaryland, Guest Relations Manager at Medieval Times Maryland Castle, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

We are glad you had a knight to remember while at our castke.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

I admit - it's my daughter and my favorite place - we go all the time. Parking can be a big hassle, however, so come early enough to drive around to find a spot. Food is great - serfs/wenches are fantastic and add to the experience. We love it so much, that our summer plans are to hit the other locations!

2  Thank Mahzooka
MTMaryland, Public Relations Manager at Medieval Times Maryland Castle, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

We are glad you and your famil had a "Knight" to remember. How exciting that you may visit different Medieval Times castles this summer!