“Best crab cakes ever”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
North, South Carolina
“Best crab cakes ever”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Excellent crab cakes here! Full of crab and big and tasty. preceded with cream of crab soup, it was a great meal! Service was excellent, too. We've eaten here before and will be back,

• Visited December 2012

Hollywood, Florida
“Mostly good...”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My husband had the stuffed flounder, and he said the stuffing was awesome, made with crab, but the fish itself was too 'fishy' tasting. Flounder is a mild fish, so this led me to believe it wasn't the freshest. I had the tuna salad sandwich, which was awesome, and the portion more than generous.
Tried the NY strip steak on another visit, and found the taste excellent, but fighting with the almost uncuttable strip of something it contained was aggravating.
All in all, the waitstaff is friendly, bar area kind of smells like stale beer but rear dining area is good. We will go back.

• Visited January 2013
Beltsville,Md
“Excellent Dinner”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

4 Adults and q child, all had a great dinner. Crab Cakes we excellent, steamed shrimp excellent Maryland Crab soup average and Coconut Shrimp excellent.

• Visited December 2012
Phoenix, AZ
“Gunnings was great”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The crab cake special was fantastic. The rest of the menu looked good. The beer selection was good. What more could you ask?

Visited November 2012
Utica, New York
“So glad we went!”
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

We were in Columbia visiting friends and all wanted to try a new place. We found Gunnings and decided to try it. I am sooo glad we did.
We all ordered something different and everyone loved their food. I'm glad we didn't take the advice of the previous reviewers because they were both way off.
It was busy but our waitress was attentive and kept refilling our drinks without us having to ask.
I got the crab cake and it was very tasty, I would order it again. The only thing I would change is that they offer a more reasonably priced sampler. I felt $35 was too much for a fry-up, but that is a minor complaint.

Give it a try people, it was really yummy.