“Save your money”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of The Prime Rib

The Prime Rib
Reserve with OpenTable
The Prime Rib is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 111 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Washington DC
“Save your money”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Had a less than fabulous experience here. A group of us went for a friends birthday. Our waiter seemed as if we were bothering him by being there, he did not enhance our dining experience.

The appetizers were horrid. I got the oyster rockefeller, frozen spinach just plopped on the oyster with some god awful cheese on top, the worst. The oyster on the halfshell were decent. I got the Prime Rib which I must say was pretty good. For dessert someone got the lavender ice cream, I've never had rancid ice cream until then. I had to spit it into my napkin and flush the taste out with water. My friends thought I was over exaggerating until they tried it and had the same reaction. Had to send it back of course.

I figured I'd finish my sub par meal with a good scotch at the bar, thank god I looked at the price before I drank it. I like scotch so I know the price range from a good restaurant, this was TWICE the price of a Palm, Peter Luger,or Red, outrageous. My wife and I spent over $300, we should have gone to the palm...

• Visited November 2013

“Wonderful private room”
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Hosted a board meeting of 14 people in the Centre private room. service was great , the food was all cooked to perfection, no one had to send their feedback would highly recommended

Pittsburgh
“Nothing Special”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

This is listed as a Zagat rated#1 restaurant. It really isn't. We were scrutinized when we presented at the hostess station to make sure we were dressed appropriately. The hostess actually came out from behind the desk and looked us up and down. Sort of disconcerting. I thought it was going to be really fancy and everyone would be dressed up. Surprise to me, there were people in striped polo shirts, khakis and athletic shoes. Not sure what this was all about.
Service was pretty slow. The caesar salad tasted like a vinaigrette dressing, no eggs used in the dressing. The strip steak was prefectly cooked but average taste. Like a supermarket steak. The french fries fried in duck fat were pretty good., Our finished plates sat in front of us for about 10 minutes before they were removed.. Nothing special here.

Columbia, MD
“Meal was wonderful - glad I didn't trust reviews!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We really enjoyed our meal at Prime Rib Arundel Mills. We had a 8 pm Friday night reservation - and when we showed early they weren't ready for us so we came back at 8. We were seated against the windows to the casinos in wonderful wing back chairs and could hear the two piece (piano and bass) band playing nicely (they were sounding a little manic - but good over all).

Other reviewers said they felt rushed, but our server was amazing and the dinner proceeded at a nice pace. My shrimp cocktail (super expensive at $18) tasted very fresh and the shrimp were huge. I'd go back for the shrimp alone! Everything was a la carte - and prices were high overall. Be prepared. More like Vegas prices than Hanover prices - but we were celebrating and the food was great and the service was even better. My husband had the lamb and i had the filet. Both were delicious and cooked to perfection. Sides were super pricey ($10 for asparagus!) but served hot and well prepared.

Overall the meal was a win. My only complaint would be it seemed overpriced for the area, but business was hopping, so they are probably at the right price point.

We didn't have dessert - we were too full.

Pasadena, Maryland
“not like the prime rib in baltimore”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

first off we found out that this prime rib is owned by the casino..they just bought the name.they don't take gift cards. the potatoes skins were greasey.no green goddess dressing.the prime rib was fatty and didn't have that mallet flavor of an aged prime rib. our wine was good.