“Saved by the food.”
Review of Joe's Crab Shack - CLOSED

Joe's Crab Shack
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My family and I have been to this place on many occasions and it's always the same, and yes...we keep going back for one reason...the food.
It's a popular place, in a mall parking lot that is always packed. Your first impression will be wondering why a place that seats so many people would have such a small parking lot. Poor design.
Your second impression will be to realize how loud the place is, from bar to far wall, this place is loud, the music, the wait staff...it's all noisy. If you want an up beat venue, it's great, but if you're with anyone who needs or prefers calm and quiet, then look elsewhere.
Then there's the service. Ugh. I am painfully familiar with this industry and in my opinion it seems as if there is a serious disconnect between the wait staff, the bar staff and the kitchen staff. I think they are on 3 different islands. Our waitress/waiters are always polite and professional, but it takes forever to get drinks, especially from the bar. We waited for everything that's normally immediate...straws for our drinks, silverware, ketchup. Our waitress knew it, apologized...the stuff just wasn't available to us when we needed it.
But when the food does finally come out...you'll be pleased. The steam pots are amazing, actually all the seafood is great, they even get the chicken fingers correct.
And that's why you'll go back. The food rocks. The service and everything else is sub par, but as long as there's no other close competition, you'll go back for the food.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We were told there would be about a 10 minute wait. After 30 minutes and seeing other people who arrived after us being seated we spoke with the "hostess". Her comments: Have you been waited on yet? It should be another 5 minutes more. I can't rate the food, value, etc. because we walked out! We won't return!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Joe's commercial's are better than the food. Although the stuffed mushrooms were delicious, the steam pot was just okay. Food was lukewarm at best and they forgot the butter for the crablegs. Not worth the price

Reviewed June 14, 2013

My finance got the Lobster Daddy Feast and felt the seasoning was lack luster(garlic herb).
Our waiter Jalen was great, very nice, fast.. I just wish my food had been better... I wanted to love it.... the decor is cute, the tables have tide maps on them, there are surfboard cutouts for area dividers, cute signs and pictures on the walls. So really cute in a kitschy sort of way.
I however own the blame here since I ordered the Grilled Sunset Salmon and being from the Northwest where they are really known for salmon, I was underwhelmed. It seemed over cooked and not very flavorful. The sauce was very good and the only saving grace for that poor fish. The sauce(pineapple pico de gallo) and could go on pork, chicken or any fish and has given me an idea to try at home. Totally should have ordered the fish and chips probably would have been fabulous.
The homemade onion strings seemed mushy and undercooked with no flavor...skip those. I am only luke warm on this one... Sorry

Reviewed June 4, 2013

My wife recommended that we check out Joe's for their seafood and atmosphere. We were greeted by pleasant staff who gave us a choice of where we wanted to sit. We both ordered crabs and waited for the fun. We were not displeased with the portions and flavor! No doggy bags made it home that night and looking for an excuse to get back sooner rather than later.