“Line dancing during dinner”
Review of Joe's Crab Shack - CLOSED

Joe's Crab Shack
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I wanted to try this place out I heard so many good things about the food. Arrived on a Saturday night there was 45 minute wait which wasn't bad considering how crowded it was. I like the fact thst they text you when your table is ready so we were able to do something else. The food was good as well as the atmosphere they even have a line dance during your dinning experience. Hostess was pleasant and attended to our needs so yes I would dine here again.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We were visiting for the weekend and knew we had to go here. Everyone's hype had us wanting to try it. So we call and you CAN'T make a appointment. So we waited and we waited for a HOUR and HALF. Now don't get me wrong it was a SAT night so alittle wait was expected.

By the time we got in we all knew what we wanted. Pros.. Overall atmosphere was good. Prices was decent , meal portions was satisfying.

CONS.. No hot water in the women's room, waitress was young and distracted. (Took a long time just to get sauce ) wait time. Calamari was bland, no flavor .

Overall the food was decent, was it the best thing since slice bread? No, (Very hard to mess up crabs , just boil and season). But it was good to experience and try. Would I go back? Yes, but during the lunch hour during the week but if I couldn't go I wouldn't miss it.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

This restaurant has carracter. Service was good, cocktails were tasty and food was between average and good. Extensive menu with many choices. The seafood platter seemed to be the most popular all around. Place was busy and the ambience was ok considering the decor. I would go back to try the house special.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

3 stars because the food was very tasty. I had the Sam Adams crab pot, which was very tasty, although prices were a little insane for a national restaurant chain (about $35 just for the entree).
The service was very poor. Our waitress got a couple items wrong on our order, and took her time fixing them. I waited almost 20 minutes just for her to take my card to pay for my meal.
Not likely to return, as there are several local seafood places nearby that have similar or lower prices. Maryland is well known for great seafood, so why waste time at a national chain?

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Flew into BWI on way to Bethesda, famished and happy to find Joe's not far away just off Route 100 on our way over to I95. This is a chain, but they do shellfish well. Our server, Xavier, was a really nice young man, and took very good car of us. My wife and I both had the Seafood Paella, and Our daughter had the Snow Crab Pot...we were all pleased. I would say the paella would have been better with a little less tomatoes and green peppers...they overwhelmed the dish a bit.