“Very friendly, helpful staff! As big as any casino in Atlantic City/Las Vegas!”

Maryland Live Casino
Ranked #2 of 10 things to do in Hanover
Dameron, Maryland
201 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 203 helpful votes
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was my first time visiting Maryland Live Casino at Arundel Mills Mall. They are open 24/7 and it is much larger than I expected. The staff here is very helpful - including the cleaning staff. Even the waitresses in the buffet (which was excellent also) were very knowledgable and helpful! You might think because I'm writing an "Excellent" review, it's because I came away a winner. Well....I wish. Actually left with $230.00 less left in my pocket - but I did have a day of fun and would definitely come back again! The one thing I would recommend though, is more roulette tables are needed. We came early and still could not get on a roulette table while many other gaming tables were empty. The roulette tables were packed all day - never did get on one. I believe there are only 3 real tables and one video roulette table with a wheel. Still though - my brother and I had an enjoyable experience. I would recommend coming early and coming on a week day (Mon - Fri) if possible.

• Korean first
Pennsylvania
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 120 helpful votes
“Horrible Experience! We will never go back!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

First and foremost, the owners of this casino need go teach courtesy to their staff! The men that are at the entrance - (that evidently think talking nasty to customers make them more of a man) are absolute jerks. There is just no other word for them! In my recent, and what will be my last encounter, I purchased a Pepsi inside of the casino and they refused o allow me to take it with me when I left. Not only did they not allow me to keep something the I paid for, but instead of maybe explaining why in a courtesy fashion, they were ignorant and demeaning! The table game minimum limit is a ridiculous $25!! The slots rarely ever pay out. There are seedy looking people hanging around everywhere and the areas surrounding the casino are filthy! I am taking my money to Delaware or elsewhere where I am treated with respect and actually are allowed to win now and then.

4 Thank MDBarbara
Cary, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Horrible gambling”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Worst casino for gambling i've ever been in. It's very attractive, and has great restaurants, but other than that, it's poor. No drinks available; coctail waitresses pretty non existant, and if you find one, they never come back with your drink anyway. Slots are so tight it's pathetic, and the payouts are so poor it's embarrasing. When my bet is $1.25 a spin and I get a bonus, and the bonus award is $1.80, that's a joke. Nobody was winning anything the 2 days we were there.
Never going back again; will go to Dover Downs instead...much better casino.

5 Thank roswell47
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“not very used to people from outside us”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

went here as wanted to see what it was all about. found that the table games have very high minimum bet. when went cashier desk to lift more money they messed about so much they managed to get my bank account blocked for fraud and had to spend the next whole day on my mobile to uk (very expensive) to get account unlocked. if going bring cash. dont expect the staff to know how to use a debit credit card from another country.

1 Thank Ryan D
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Grows on you... almost like a fungus”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Maryland Live is getting better with each visit. You will not forget that it is not in Vegas...or even AC! The one story casino has lots of glitz and the occasional outfitted show girl but if you are thirsty you have a better chance of winning than getting a sip of water. The upside is it is closer to home than AC and cheaper to get to than Vegas... It will do especially if they upgrade the perks.

1 Thank Lisa H