“IT smaller than what I thought it would be but fun place nice resturant need more fresh seafood”

Maryland Live Casino
Ranked #2 of 10 things to do in Hanover
BOWIE MD
Reviewed April 17, 2013

It's beautiful atmosphere, fun place, needs more fresh seafood on their buffet. I had the buffet but all of the food was not fresh. I was disappointed, Maryland should have fresh seafood not frozen and than thwart out. I just think for the money your spending they should accomodate a better quality of food especially seafood

Visited April 2013
MarylandLive, Manager at Maryland Live Casino, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
We're glad to hear you had a good time with us, and thank you for your comment about the atmosphere in here. We work hark to make sure you enjoy your experience and take your comments seriously in accomplishing that goal. We are passing your comments along to our Live! Buffet team so that we can improve your experience next time you come.

• Korean first
Baltimore, Maryland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Good Casino, Cannot wait until hype dies down”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This hotel brought vegas/Atlantic city to Maryland. I loved it. I cannot wait maybe for another few months when the hype dies down so I can get a chance to play the table games. It was so crowed. I had fun playing the slots and chatting with people. Give it a chance and may the odds be forever in your favor.

Visited April 2013
Kamilah - Thanks for your feedback. We're happy to bring over 4,000 slots and over 120 table games to Maryland. We hope to see you join us again soon!
Durham, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Table Games for the Top 1%”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I play table games (blackjack & craps) and visit Atlantic City 10-12 times a year. When I heard that Maryland Live was offering these games, I decided to give them a try, instead of making the longer trip to Atlantic City. I arrived last Sunday morning at 10:45 a.m., and, as one would expect at that hour, found the casino practically empty. There were few customers and only a tiny fraction of their many tables were operating. I noticed two craps tables open, and, to my amazement, they each had a minimum bet requirement of FIFTY DOLLARS. Was this Maryland or Monte Carlo?? Blackjack minimums were $25. This was a quiet Sunday morning. I can only guess what these minimums must be at night or when they get busy.

I took a stroll around the casino, grabbed a bite to eat at Phillips', and left without betting a dime. I then drove to Atlantic City, played for several hours at a more affordable casino, and received free drinks and a comp room for that night.

8 Thank floridamember_7
Dumfries, Virginia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fun Day Trip”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

When this casino opened, I visited and played roulette on the electronic betting machines (with the mechanically driven wheel). I enjoyed it, and have been back a few times. I enjoyed the $5 minimum at the bar screens and free soft drinks while watching TV and playing my game. The lunch buffet during my first two trips there were superb, with moist and delicious steaks.

In the past few trips, I have been less impressed with their buffet lunch. I think they should probably spend some time making sure this buffet continues to be presentable and attractive, and ensure that meats are not over-cooked. The steak seems to have been absent from the line-up my last two visits, replaced by a dry pork loin offering. The veggies are over-steamed/over-cooked and wilting asparagus is un-appetizing. While there was still a wide selection, the buffet looks less appetizing than it did when it opened and quality could still be restored...it's not too late as the facilities are there...it just needs more attention to detail and quality.

The new table games were well packed by players, but openings could be had. There was still definitely a learning curve going on for some of the pit bosses and planners. Chip layouts for dealers were inadequate for medium payoffs at table poker games and big winners had to wait quite a while at what essentially became a dead table during hand play reviews. Timing of when to start more tables was also too conservative. It would be better to have 1 or 2 empty tables rather than 10-20 players looking for chairs.

The dealers seemed well-trained and I didn't run into any missed payoffs. Dealers were friendly and inviting and very helpful to explain new games, especially while waiting for pit bosses to review their chip count before opening. More pit bosses/managers were needed to meet the demand - lots of tables stood ready to open while waiting for dealers to have their chips reviewed. Spotty accounting for table game play on rewards cards was due to overworked pit bosses as well.

All of this criticism aside, the place is well lit, well laid out, colorful, active and overall enjoyable, at least during the day M-F. I can imagine, however, that weekends may be quite crowded for the first month or so, and table minimums will definitely reflect that. Finding the $25 tables may even be hard on a Saturday or Sunday, but $15 blackjack tables were there during the week.

2 Thank Rich G
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Management! Sherry Norton does not care about patrons safety!!! Was robbed and threatened in the casino and nothing was done!”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

!!!! Listen up people !! Casino live does not care about your safety !! Just! Left ! Had a man take 40$ cash after it fell from my pocket, Had a witness, security guards and cameras see him take our money, and after waiting an hour for the general manger "Sherry Norton" All she had to tell us was "it's not her problem, talk to the police and goodnight"! Nothing!! Not even an apology for the theft in her casino and the hour we spent waiting for her! Sherry Norton!!! I will never ever go back! Horrific customer service and treatment!!! Remember people" all those cameras and security mean nothing when your safety is at risk and the manager Sherry Norton has nothing to say,but have a goodnite!!!

9 Thank Rocky198