“Nice if they actaully give you your food”

Bobby's Burger Palace
Ranked #17 of 113 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Bobby's Burger Palace (BBP) presents signature burgers inspired by Chef Bobby Flay's extensive travels throughout America and love of the grill in a convenient casual setting.
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Ate with three other co-workers there today. The burgers were reasonably priced and well-prepared for what you are getting, the fries and onion rings were good also. However, this place has a serious service problem with getting people their food. You are given a tiny number to put on your table for your order, and you spend your time waiting for your food watching confused staff trying to match the person with the number. In fact, they completely missed one of our parties orders. Three of the four of us had to eat while we watched the staff spin in circles trying to figure out what happened to the fourth person's order. It took the TWENTY plus minutes plus to get the manager to our table, who was apologetic. However, you can't eat an apology. It was an additional 10-15 minutes while she waited to get her refund. At this point, our lunch time was over and she had to leave hungry. You would have thought out of what seemed 20+ staff there that someone would have had the common sense the minute they realized there was a problem to put a burger on the grill for our poor friend. I have never in some 40+ years of dining seen something so simple so incredibly bungled. When you consider how uppity and condescending Bobby Flay is to some of the contestants on those Food Network shows, he may want to take a close look at what occurs under the guise of his name.

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Flying solo on a Wdnesday night, I tried BBP on recommendation from coworker. He didn't steer me wrong. It was a busy night. The line was getting longer by the second. A hostess came by and offered seating at the bar, so I jumped at the chance and saddled up. The bar tender was friendly and took my order pronto. I ordered the sweet potato fries and a burger. The meat was good and juicy, the fries crisp and flavorful. The bun was a regular sesame seed, small, a bit like wonder bread in texture- nothing specia. I ate everything though and enjoyed the atmosphere. As the evening progressed and the bar seating filled, the waitress was less attentive; just cleared my plate without offering anything more, but no matter, I had eaten about three sweet potatoes worth of fries and had no room left for a milk shake. Good place for a quick, good, slightly upscale burger that won't break the bank.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I love BBP. Love the atmosphere and the food. Service was great considering on how busy it was. Don’t forget to get your burger crunchified. The sweet potatoes fries and shakes are awesome. It is a bit on the expensive side but more than worth it if you feel like splurging. The only needs improvement thing I could say would be the soft drink station, way to small.

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

I loved my meal at Bobby's Burger Palace. I get the crunchitized burger with sweet potato fries and a chocolate shake. The burger is always juicy, the fries sweet and crispy, and the shake is thick and sinful. I also love that the tables have a different sauces on them for you to play with. Forget 5 guys this is the new burger in town!

Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

I was SO excited to finally try this place. I got there right when they opened, so, for me, the service was pretty quick. You order at the front counter, take a number and sit either at bar areas or one of the several communal tables. It's kind of different. I was hoping for a booth, since it was just me.

First, it's ridiculously expensive and nothing is a meal/combo. The burgers range from 7 to 9 bucks, fries are 3 bucks and drinks are 2. So my meal all together costed $14... Downfall number one.

I'm a big sauce person. I like a variety available on the table to try on my burger/fries and this place offered that. Ketchup, mustard, jalapeño hot sauce, chipotle ketchup and burger sauce (tastes like a mix of cocktail sauce and steak sauce) were their offerings. The drawback is that I didn't care for any of the 3 original sauces. They all had kind of funky flavors and after tastes, to me, like too much molasses, etc. Downfall number two.

In terms of the food itself, the fries were very good. The burger? Meh... Nowhere near what I expected. I got the Dallas burger and it didn't blow me away at all. I've had better from cheaper joints. The biggest PLUS of the burger itself was whatever the blend of meat they use. It's the first and only time that I experienced a burger like you hear on TV that the meat melts in your mouth like butter. The texture/grind was amazing. It was cooked to a perfect medium, but the flavor was just not what I'd expect of an iron chef. Downfall number three.

This place is something to talk about by saying you've eaten at a Food Network chef's restaurant. Beyond that, I'd be just as happy with a burger from Hardee's or Red Robin. If you're at the casino and choosing between eateries, choose the buffet! It's about the same price and offers equal quality food, in my opinion.

As a Flay fan, it pained me to be so unimpressed by this "palace."