“Another great Bobby Flay restaurant”

Bobby's Burger Palace
Ranked #12 of 111 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bobby's Burger Palace (BBP) presents signature burgers inspired by Chef Bobby Flay's extensive travels throughout America and love of the grill in a convenient casual setting.
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“Another great Bobby Flay restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

Got to Bobby's Burger Palace at the Maryland Live Casino. You can access the restaurant without going into the casino which I guess is a plus for some people. I have been to three Bobby Flay restaurants and they don't disappoint. The burger and fries were great. Service was great also.

“Just Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

After seeing the menu and hearing the hype when the casino first opened the four of us were really looking forward to trying it out. Since Bobby Flay put his name on it, it should be good. I tried the Dallas Burger, my husband got the Philadelphia, also ordered were the palace and the Miami. The toppings make it exciting and different, and was looking forward to trying something Out of the ordinary. I was ok with the seating style and service. Everyone we came in contact with was friendly and helpful. The food was actually cooked more quickly than I expected, and the prices seemed reasonable when ordered. But the portions seem small for the price and although the bites with the toppings were pretty good, the burger itself didn't have much flavor. Sometimes if the base doesn't have a good taste it ruins the rest. It wasn't bad, but more average than expected. I rather go to Five Guys or Fat Burger and settle for a "boring" cheeseburger because it would have more flavor than these. My mother in law (who got the Miami) said the only thing to save it was the jalapeño sauce that was on the table. i have to say the french fries and sweet potao fries were really good, probably my favorite thing about the meal. the sauces that came with them however were a little bland, seemed like they were missing something. It was worth a try and as it was a lower priced option at the casino it made it the most viable option, but wouldn't rush back for anything spectacular. Would try some place else next time instead.

Odenton, Maryland
“Get the salad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

For all of the hype associated with Bobby Flay’s Burger Palace, I did not anticipate the cafeteria style of service and communal seating. I guess the service style and the limited menu keeps the price point low.

The one thing that this place has going for it is the cadre of genuinely friendly employees.

The quality of food preparation seems to be slightly higher than analogous chains such as Red Robin. However, the burger that I had seemed to contain a week’s worth of sodium.

When we arrived, there was a steady flow of customers, and no long lines. The restaurant is just a partitioned extension of the casino; noise and casino ambiance included. So unless you’re planning to combine your trip with a visit to the casino patron, its not really worth the trip.

Annapolis, Maryland, United States
“Fab food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Great customer service! I could not have a ten dollar lunch as good anywhere else. Grilled cheese deluxe was delish. Warning: share the fries as they come in a bucket :). Thanks Bobby!!

Roanoke, Virginia, United States
“Burger Royalty”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

Bobby’s Burger Palace is a casual burger restaurant that is owned by Bobby Flay. It is not a large chain but there are multiple locations in the north east and at least one in Las Vegas. And instead of it being a fancy restaurant where you have to make reservations a couple months in advance (like most restaurants owned by celebrity chefs), BBP has a setup where you order at the counter as you enter and then find a table and your food is delivered to your table. We had to wait in line for about 15 minutes, but didn’t have trouble getting a table and our food was delivered quickly afterwards.

The menu is pretty straightforward and is what you’d expect from a place that has “burger” in the name. It looks like Bobby Flay decided to create a restaurant that features some of his best and most creative burger recipes. You can try the classic cheeseburger, southwestern style burger, Californian style burger, Philadelphia style burger, even a Cuban style burger. Also, diners have the option of choosing a traditional beef, turkey burger, or chicken breast as their meat (Burgers are around $8.00). For sides, the selections are: fries, sweet potato fries, & onion rings (which all cost $3.00). There is also a large selection of beers and milkshakes, but we passed on those offerings.

Some of the creative burgers looked interesting, but I was in the mood for a traditional burger. I ordered the Classic Palace Burger – beef patty with lettuce, tomato, red onion, & American cheese – and I also got my burger “Crunchified,” meaning it was topped with potato chips and stacked, giving it a really cool presentation. I also ordered a side of sweet potato fries, which is served with a honey mustard horseradish sauce. The burger was good and I liked being able to taste all of the elements of flavors. I ordered it medium well and it was cooked properly, retaining juices and flavor. I don’t know if there was anything special about the American cheese but it did taste especially strong and flavorful compared other burgers I’ve had with American cheese. And the potato chips were a nice addition because they offered a unique crunch. I felt like I was eating Bobby Flay’s version of the classic burger you would enjoy at a family cook out, and it wasn’t anything incredible, but it was very good. The sweet potato fries were nothing special and I wouldn’t recommend getting them – although I really liked the honey mustard horseradish sauce. I saw a couple orders of onion rings being delivered to other tables and I think those would be the better decision for a side.

To many, Bobby’s Burger Palace would probably fall under the category of “tourist trap.” Actually, anything connected to a casino should automatically default to the category of tourist trap. However, being a Bobby Flay fan, I was excited about having the opportunity to eat at one of his restaurants, especially at a place that was casual and not ridiculously expensive. When it comes to burgers and fries, I think I’d recommend Shake Shack over BBP, but BBP is still a place where you can get a good burger.

• Visited October 2012

Been to Bobby's Burger Palace? Share your experiences!