“Delicious bagels”

Bagels N Grinds
Ranked #1 of 4 Bakeries in Hanover
Cuisines: Soups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Welcome to Bagels 'n Grinds located on Arundel Mills Boulevard at The Preserve, just 3/4 miles south of Anne Arundel Mills Mall. At Bagels 'n Grinds you can experience 16 different varieties of hot delicious bagels baked fresh daily from 5:30am a.M. To 12:30 p.M. Our bagels are authentic New York style bagels made just like they were 100 years ago. Bagels 'n Grinds bagels are crispy and crunchy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. Our secret to making the perfect bagel is in our 10-step patented process and includes using the highest quality ingredients, ultra purified water and special handling of the dough. Top them off with a choice of 6 homemade spreads.
Maryland
“Delicious bagels”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Bought a couple dozen bagels for an office meeting, They were fresh and large. It would be nice to have more variety, like the bagel flavor of the week.

They have a large window so you can watch the bagels getting made by this long machine, although I have never seen anyone running the machine. Then again I am usually there between 6 and 7 am so maybe the bagels have alrady been made for the day at that time. I will have to ask next visit!

Also bought a couple tubs of flavored cream cheese, I would especially recommend the light veggie. Very flavorful, although personally I would prefer more garlic (although on second thought maybe NOT for the office!)

All in all the bagels are a great hit with my coworkers and I will continue to visit bagels&grinds for myself and for team builds.

As a bonus - the fresh squeezed OJ is great and they serve locally-roasted Rivers Edge coffee.

• Visited March 2013

Hanover, Maryland
“Love this place”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Bagels n grind is not a chain, it is the one and only. Everyone here somewhat new to what they do, but I must say the bagels are awesome! Not just that the cookies, muffins, and sandwiches are very good. Panera is 2 miles down to road but don't go there anymore. If you know anything about NY bagels you will like this place. Having multiple food tours in NY and having family bring me bagels, the bagels here are the same texture and taste as I had up there. If you think the bagels are ordinary, you must not know what goes into these boiled then baked bagels. Save gas and money and come here if you want a NY style bagel.

• Visited March 2013
miami, fl
“Employees are terrible, mgmt take notice”
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

So we stopped at this location on the way to bwi and were met with a set of 2 rude employees and male and female the only 2 working on the morning 9;45am on march 26.

The food is fine, same type of food you would expect at any bagel spots the decor is very nice but the experience was WOW. So bad was the customer experience it was fun to stay around and watch the train wreck.

The female employee was clearly miserable and totally unfriendly, let the employees not be confused they need our vp business and a smile and thank you would be fine, rather than a snarl.

Now the male employee!, first off while I was being handled by the female, a customer with a groupon came in and the male employee was less than thrilled and made the customer feel bad for having saying it was expired when in fact he read the date wrong, then when asked about other bagels he says " what you see is what I got" he repeated that to another customer as well. When another customer asked about a bagel type he says "do you have a groupon"? They expire on Saturday?

He then and this is for real! Turned and coughed without covering his mouth and there were 10 cookies on the prep counter, I was so grossed out......

So as I as leaving he began redoing the creamer and a customer, woman and male, he must have known said how are things and he says "I'm outta here, the owner has put all of his confidence in a terrible gm and that they were supposed to open 2 more stores and they aren't now. He goes on to say the owner is losing a good one because of the gm.

Why write this on tripadvisor when I don't live here and will never return anyway, well the location has a tripadvisr sticker on the front door and the employee not ony created a terrible experiences but could get people sick with his actions, I see you have cameras review the tape.

Get rid of that front staff, terrible.... If your food is not going to stand out then what's left?

P.s. I use groupons and don't expect the location to be unhappy at me for using so something you opted to offer,

greenab, Owner at Bagels N Grinds, responded to this review, March 1, 2015
Warren,
As I was reviewing old reviews I came up yours. I am sorry it has taken me so long to respond; the old manager (who was the one you talked about) was the one handling these reviews. I can tell you he was let go about 4 weeks after you reviewed us. I know you live out of town and may never think about us again, but I do want to assure you that this type of service will never be acceptable at Bagels ‘n Grinds. We strive every day to give the best possible service with the best food in our industry. So I do hope if you make it back to the Baltimore region, you will give us another try and let us show you how amazing Bagels ‘n Grinds truly is.
Thanks
Adam
Glen Burnie, Maryland
“Not a quick lunch”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I found the menu to be extensive and full of excellent choices. I had a good sandwich and bowl of soup but it seemed to take a while for the food to arrive. It's not some place I feel comfortable going for a quick lunch. I think it would be ok if you want to order and take it with you to eat at your desk.

Visited December 2012
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Disappointed, again”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Since I first gone, I've gone several times. Food is great, but gosh...the service is horrible. There is a male, management like guy and he's so sarcastic and rude. I had a female take my order on Sat. While the other guy took another couple's order. I heard that customer say as he walked away, "that guy is a total [--]." I don't know if this guy knows what customer service is or what. Love the fresh salads, but it's definitely not worth going out of my way anymore.

• Visited October 2012
greenab, Owner at Bagels N Grinds, responded to this review, March 1, 2015
Becky
Sorry as I should have responded to this a long time ago, but back then our manger who was the subject of the review was handling this. As I was just looking over old reviews and came across yours, and see you still are active on trip Advisor. I’m not sure if you completely gave up on Bagels ‘n Grinds, but I hope not. The employee in questions was let go about a year a half ago. I can promise you our service level has improved and you will be very pleased if you come in and give us another try. The food is as amazing as it has always been, and the level of service is second to none in our industry. Please give us another try and I’m sure you will love it! And if you want to directly let me know how everything was, I would love to hear. You can reach me at: adam@bagelsngrinds.com
Thanks for taking the time and we hope to see you again soon.
Adam