“Disappointed, again” 2 of 5 stars

Bagels N Grinds
Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Hanover
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to Bagels 'n Grinds located on Arundel Mills Boulevard at The Preserve, just 3/4 miles south of Anne Arundel Mills Mall. At Bagels 'n Grinds you can experience 16 different varieties of hot delicious bagels baked fresh daily from 5:30am a.M. To 12:30 p.M. Our bagels are authentic New York style bagels made just like they were 100 years ago. Bagels 'n Grinds bagels are crispy and crunchy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. Our secret to making the perfect bagel is in our 10-step patented process and includes using the highest quality ingredients, ultra purified water and special handling of the dough. Top them off with a choice of 6 homemade spreads.
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Disappointed, again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Since I first gone, I've gone several times. Food is great, but gosh...the service is horrible. There is a male, management like guy and he's so sarcastic and rude. I had a female take my order on Sat. While the other guy took another couple's order. I heard that customer say as he walked away, "that guy is a total [--]." I don't know if this guy knows what customer service is or what. Love the fresh salads, but it's definitely not worth going out of my way anymore.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars
greenab, Owner at Bagels N Grinds, responded to this review, March 1, 2015
Becky
Sorry as I should have responded to this a long time ago, but back then our manger who was the subject of the review was handling this. As I was just looking over old reviews and came across yours, and see you still are active on trip Advisor. I’m not sure if you completely gave up on Bagels ‘n Grinds, but I hope not. The employee in questions was let go about a year a half ago. I can promise you our service level has improved and you will be very pleased if you come in and give us another try. The food is as amazing as it has always been, and the level of service is second to none in our industry. Please give us another try and I’m sure you will love it! And if you want to directly let me know how everything was, I would love to hear. You can reach me at: adam@bagelsngrinds.com
Thanks for taking the time and we hope to see you again soon.
Adam

Elkridge, MD
“Repeat Customer already Good Breakfast, Great Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This place definitely did not seem to spare any expensive from the extensive tile work, to the leather couches, fireplace in the corner and fancy drink amenities machines. The manager Peter Rivera is super friendly and has a way to visit with customers, which is good for a newer business makes each customer feel special. The breakfast options are abundant and what first brought me in was a great groupon deal for a baker’s dozen donuts, which we enjoyed but what brought me back was the friendly service, atmosphere and temptation to try their lunch menu, which may even surpass my excitement of the breakfast menu, the lunch menu offers the you pick two combo and the salad and sandwich options are large portions, definitely can give Panera a run for their money, plus fresh bagel chips. Hopefully this will stay the same as time goes on. Looking forward to trying a soup as the weather gets colder, a new favorite lunch stop. Lots of options for things to be made the way you want it, for example, don’t like bagels there are wraps, lots of variety in cheese for sandwiches, variety of coffee syrups and milk options.

• Visited October 2012
Baltimore
“Good Bagels, Lacking Otherwise”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

The bagels here are ok. It's nice to have a bagel place in the local area, but I think if there were more than one option around we'd probably choose the other option over this. The service is SUPER slow and the cream cheese portions are inconsistent; sometimes you need to ask for extra cream cheese and sometimes you need to wipe some off. We wish we had a place to stop in to get a quick bagel with cream cheese to go, but it's always at least a 10 minute wait before it's ready - and that's on a day when we're the only ones in line.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great addition to the area!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

The bagel selection is great. I love the choice of healthy items they have. The food is great and the coffee is tasty. The menu is a little difficult to read. I wish the store was set-up a little different but the space is not that big. This is my new favorite morning spot.

• Visited July 2012
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Great food--difficult layout”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Food is awesome! Incredibly fresh and they'll customize anything. Problem is the layout. You walk in through a "hallway" to immediately order. Well, there are no menus in that hallway. You only see the menu board which annoyingly constantly is changing so just as you are reading, it changes; and the menus are at the cash register where you order! Considering the multitude of options, you need some time to decide. It's a new restaurant so I truly hope they start putting menus in the hall, maybe order slips for the customization (their cashiers would probably be appreciative!)

• Visited July 2012