“Wonderful Long Term Stay”

Residence Inn Arundel Mills BWI Airport
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
Reviewed March 30, 2010

Stayed at this hotel 3 weeks straight. Location is perfect for work in Baltimore and DC areas. Easy access to hotel from highways. Near large mall with many restaurants as well as several grocery stores. Very safe area. Hotel is beautiful and modern. Very quiet. Never heard any noise from neighbors. Food is great. There is variety at the complementary breakfasts and a latte/cappucino machine. Staff is incredible. Very patient and helpful. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed August 28, 2009

I visited Baltimore for a long weekend in May for sightseeing and relaxation. I was suppoed to stay at the Marriott in Baltimore, near the Inner Harbor. When I went to check in there it took 45 minutes for the valet to come out (valet parking only) and the place looked like a nightclub. There was no way I could stay there, especially with my two dogs. I frantically called Marriott and they sent me here...it saved my whole trip. For those traveling with pets, this is a more calm, quiet area in which to relax. The room and employees were great and it was only a short drive up to Baltimore. I would definitely stay here again. The room rates were cheaper and the parking is free!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2008

This was my second stay at this hotel. It is close to BWI and close to the Arundel Mills mall (lot's of brand outlet stores, a huge movie complex and restaurants). The staff is friendly and professional. The rooms are clean and reasonably quiet. The kitchen is well stocked with utensils, cookware, plates, etc. and well laid out. Plenty of ice in the fridge. The TV is on a swivel so you can watch from any point in the room. The windows actually open! The sofa and bed are really comfy. Each room is equipped with a safe.
There are extra blankets and pillows in the closet, plenty of towels. Parking is free. The lobby is spacious and has two separate seating areas one with a fireplace and entrance to a patio. It really is a home away from home, nice art on the walls and plenty of space. Great for the business traveler as well as the tourist.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Nuncia
Reviewed July 25, 2008

You won't be disappointed if you know what to expect out of a Residence Inn. All the familiar characteristics are here - big breakfast with waffle maker, good kitchen facilities in the rooms, and good solid service. We chose this particualr one because were were visiting DC and Baltimore and it's central location made it convenient to both cities. An added bonus is that it's right next to a mall that has the Medieval Knights and my 7 year old really enjoyed it. The mall also has a large theater making it easy to have a quick evening out after coming back from our touring.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank NYHammer
Reviewed July 15, 2008

I heard good things about this hotel, and wanted to give it a try.
Pleasently surprised for the most part. Great breakfast and evening snacks-
At check in though the front desk person left a bad taste in my mouth. Not very hospitable- quiet, didn't ask for my Marriott rewards number, kinda just asked me to sign in and gave me keys. He didn't explain anything about the things going at the hotel during the week I was staying and I missed out on some cool things. Like the free beer and wine at night.
I get to my room and it seems great! nice bed, kitchen area and even a fireplace. Just because I stay at hotels so often I check around to see if the hotel room is really as clean as it can be. I looked under the bed and it was gross- from dust mites to band aids. The hotel must not have vaccumed there for weeks! I opened the fridge and had some food stains as well, but I wasn't going to use the fridge at all anyway.
So I slept on the bed the first night and I found it awful. I could not sleep at all.
I put some sheets on the couch and got a better nights sleep.
The next night I was up late and stopped by the desk around 1 AM get grab something from their small snack shop. I waited at the desk for over 30 minutes and no one came out to charge me for my soda. I should have just walked away with it and no one would have ever known. But i'm honest- so I didn't.
Overall not at all impressed by the staff, but quite nice amenities

• Stayed: April 2008
2  Thank WellTraveled20yo
Reviewed June 22, 2007

I chose this property based on the TripAdvisor ratings and was VERY satisfied. The room was brand-spanking new and clean and the free breakfast buffet was easily worth $20/day for the two of us. I booked this using Marriott points, and chose a Residence Inn so we could keep food for the baby. I asked for a 'studio' suite on an upper floor (rooms are usually better condition) and was very happy. The room included a gas fireplace (nice!), with fridge, 2-burner cooktop, dishwasher, pots and pans, dishes and silverware. The bathroom was spotless. The breakfast buffet included make-your-own belgian waffles (!!!) with fresh strawberries, scrambled eggs, sausage, bagels, cereal, home-made oatmeal, sliced fruit, yogurt, pastries, juices, milk, etc, etc, etc. The in-room coffee was Maxwell House just like home.

They even took care of my pet peeve - nasty bedspreads - by surrounding them with nice, clean sheets. They provide a variety of feather and foam pillows and decent quality towels. Furniture was simple and clean. Carpet was spotless. Maid service was flawless.

The only downsides - the room did not have a crib as I requested (although it was brought up right away). The "free" local calls were billed at 75 cents each. The outdoor pool was closed for remodeling, and it took an hour to get a shuttle to pick me up at the car rental. Going back to the airport the shuttle was just fine though. Not great (especially the shuttle), but not bad considering the rest of our stay. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank TriGuyCalifornia
Reviewed September 18, 2005

I've stayed at MANY hotels, from cheap family run motels, to the luxurious Atlantis resort in the Bahamas......I must say, this little hotel in Hanover Maryland was actually my favorite. VERY clean, the suite was laid out perfectly, everything was well thought-out and well stocked. Great bed, pillows, TVs, etc. The staff was helpful and friendly. I didn't want to leave, I actually could have lived there.

• Stayed: September 2005