“If You Stay Here, Then Bring a Your Own Pillows” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Arundel Mills BWI Airport

Residence Inn Arundel Mills BWI Airport
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Hanover
Fairfax, Virginia
“If You Stay Here, Then Bring a Your Own Pillows”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Looks are deceiving, but a sleepless night is not. A very nice looking hotel, with the worst mattress and poorest pillows I have ever had at a Marriott property. And as Marriott Gold I have been to a lot. You can always tell when a hotel is cutting corners. The mattresses and pillows need to be replaced. And not serving yogurt for breakfast on weekends to save pennies is not acceptable. Will not return.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ron_from_Brooklyn
Raelynn S, Manager at Residence Inn Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to send us this review. We are sorry about your mattress and pillows, some of them have been replaced and we will continue to replace the others as needed. I'm also sorry that you did not enjoy our breakfast, we rotate items on a daily basis so our guest can have different options throughtout their stay. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will reconsider staying with us next time you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights on a business trip and wouldn't think twice about staying here again whether on business or for pleasure.

Check in was efficient, rooms were excellent with everything you could need. The 'happy hour' snacks and $1 beer is a great idea especially if you're staying at the hotel for an extended period as it's a good opportunity to meet the other guests.

The location was convenient for the airport and just a few minutes walk from Arundel Mills for dinner and/or shopping.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Raelynn S, Manager at Residence Inn Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
gourmet_tastic,

I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Residence inn Arundel Mills, I hope to see you next time you are in the Hanover area.

NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

This is a good choice for longer term work-related stays if you need to be in the area. I don't think I would recommend the hotel as a base to see Baltimore or Washington -- it is kind of in the middle of suburbia.

The studio room was comfortable and well set up. There is a dressing area, full kitchen, seating area and desk. The WI-FI worked great.

My only gripes are that housekeeping forgot to refill the free popcorn one night (that free popcorn is really important when one is working late) and that the desk was strangely located in front of the door. I preferred to work at the breakfast bar in the room as it was more comfortable.

Breakfast is fine -- typical for hotels in this range. The evening receptions vary - get there early as the food goes fast! The manager's reception is worth going to. Would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
marcusandgriffenNYC,

Than you for staying with us at the Residence Inn Arundel Mills. I am glad to hear your feedback and I hope to see you next time you are traveling to the Hanover area.

The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Relax atmosphere. Very helpfull desk clerck. Had room 131. Everything was there. Large room. WiFi free. Breakfast was okay. Just cross the street for the ugh Mall. Many eating facilities. I would come back again when doing busuness in the area.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars
Raelynn S, Manager at Residence Inn Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Hans750,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while on business in the Hanover area. I am very pleased to hear that the accomidations suited you needs. I hope to see you next time you are Maryland and doing buisness in the Hanover are.

Kind Regard,

Residence Inn Arundel Mills
Crisfield, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Wife and I spent the night there on a Saturday night. Being within walking distance to a large mall and a huge casino meant crowded conditions but the folks here managed the crowd well keeping the common areas super clean. Staff were all very friendly and accommodating. In fact we were comped two adult beverages and bonus points due to our refrigerator being on the fritz and having to replace it with one of those apartment sized ones. Not really a problem as we didn't need the fridge anyway. We also hot a free upgrade to a two room suite.

The large crowd was barely noticeable as the hotel was quiet throughout the night and we had a great nights sleep on the comfortable bed. Complimentary breakfast was the standard buffet type but a slightly higher grade than most. Good food and plenty of choices.

Room Tip: Close to BWI Airport too.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lou C
Raelynn S, Manager at Residence Inn Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Lou C,

I am so happy to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay at the hotel. I am sorry to hear that your fridge did not work, but very glad that my staff tried there best to accomidate you. Thank you for understanding with that situation. I hope to see you next time you are in the Hanover area.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I have found a new hotel chain, that I like. This was the 1st time we'd stayed there, booked a queen room was very surprised, kitchen, living room, bedroom. Very Clean, Great Hot Breakfast. Late Checkout a plus!! If you stay there you can walk to the Arundel Mills Mall, or shuttle to Airport, or Casino. Will stay again, already planning out next trip.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Raelynn S, Manager at Residence Inn Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
FranC107,

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Residence Inn arundel Mills. I am glad to hear that your stay was so enjoyable. Hope to see you next time you are in the Hanover area.

Residence Inn Arundel Mills
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

This was my first stay at this hotel, I booked via Priceline. I arrived at about 12:30 AM and the staff was very friendly and welcoming. When I got to my room I was amazed at how clean, updated and comfortable it was. The bed was great too. I only stayed one night but would stay there again in a minute. They don't skimp on the free breakfast too!

Room Tip: Take advantage of the free breakfast!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Raelynn S, Manager at Residence Inn Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
IamAvalanche,

Thank You for choosing our Hotel while traveling to the Hanover area. We here at the hotel always appreciate feedback from our guest and especially positive feedback. I hope to see you next time you stay with us at the Residence Inn Arundel Mills.