“Best "Bang" For Your Buck”

Residence Inn Arundel Mills BWI Airport
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I enjoy The Residence Inn @ Arundel Mills Mall...I stay there everytime that Iam in transition. The rooms are like "Home"...Full Breakfast every morning....Mon-Thurs Social Hour/Dinner with a selection of drinks! Free Laundry and Laundry detergent. Pets can stay if you want. Walking distance to whatever store that you can imagine.....a Billiard area, TV area, Indoor/Outdoor fireplace, Pool and Basketball Court. I don't know whose at the Front Desk anymore, but I've had a favorite since I started staying there..Hi "Vincent"...He was so accommodating and attentive to whatever my needs were. "Thumbs Up" LBC

Room Tip: Try to get an upgrade after you arrive. But, all of the rooms are excellent!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Lari B

Reviewed January 12, 2012

Very nice mini apartment. Staff generally pleasant at least by standards of this area. I would give more stars had they cleaned my room the first day or restocked the toilet tissue the third day. Very convenient to Anne Arundal mall if you want to kill some time. The breakfast and light dinners were enough to keep you going.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 16, 2011

I stayed here twice and the most recent stay was for 70 nights. Room was clean and spacious. However, the front-desk staff tended to have low professionalism when dealing with guests. Hotel shuttle was unreliable. I flew from tropical State to BWI on the rainy day with temperature dropped to 54 degree and I needed to go to the Mall to buy a rain coat. I waited for one hour for the shuttle to pick me up from the Mall in the chilly rain. I learned from the maintenance crew who picked me up that he was told to pick me up five minutes ago. After I complained to the front desk staff, the answer was that I shouldn't have to wait outside; no apologies what so ever. I checked out after 70-day stay and found that I left laptop power cable in the room. I called the next day and the front-desk girl named "Halei" promised to mail it out ASAP and charge will be made to my credit card on file. Guess what! I called six days later and "Vincent" said the cable was at the counter with my home phone number on it, and he could not use my credit card number on file once I checked out. I am still waiting for my laptop cable as I am writing (on my home computer) because "Vincent" "is looking into it"

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Somjai L
Reviewed November 28, 2011

This was really just an average residence inn. If you are coming from the rental car facility at BWI, you can come directly down Ridge Road and don't have to get on any highways. The hotel has a shuttle but I think it would be hard to be here and not have a car.
We were on the 4th floor and got a call we were stomping. We were at breakfast and just then got back to the room as the phone was ringing, so it wasn't us. Maybe the ceiling insulation is not very good?
I thought the breakfast was ok but the coffee was really bad.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2011

For the 2 bedroom, 2 bath, full kitchen, living room, 3 televisions, 2 meals on Mon-Thurs, how could you NOT stay here? This place is an absolute dream for travelers. Pets are allowed, with a pet fee that covers your entire stay, laundry machines are FREE, detergent and dryer sheets are FREE. Breakfast every single morning was absolutely amazing, even for those of us who cannot have sugar in the morning :) On Monday-Thursday, don't even plan on coming up with something for supper..they have that covered too, right down to DuClaw's beer on tap! If you choose any other hotel, you've completely lost your mind because although you may pay a bit more here, all the things you DON'T have to pay for make it a huge bargain.

Room Tip: Take any room at all...ANY of them.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank CassiK
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I really enjoy staying at Residence Inns when I travel because of the full kitchen and room to spread out a bit. Some are better than others. This one had everything I needed. First, they provide a free shuttle from BWI which saved money and time. Second, they are 1/4 mile (tops) from the Arundel Mills Mall (a huge mall) which gave me a place to shop, go to the movies, and eat. Third, the staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Fourth, they had a separate sitting area in the foyer to just relax in. Fifth, they had a full breakfast complete with a healthy option of turkey Canadian bacon, Sixth, they had the other Residence Inn usuals gym, pool, hot tub, laundry, etc. Seventh, they had a pool table. No one has a pool table! They also had an indoor/outdoor fireplace with seating to warm up and just relax. I'll be back.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2011

The residence has some quite nice mini suites available, that offer separate room/living areas. I liked not having to sit on the bed to watch TV/snack and liked the chaise longue in the living room. The kitchen has full size fridge, 2 hobs, dishwasher, coffee maker, toaster and microwave.
There are also laundry facilities provided FoC, which is really nice of them.
+ a happy hour in the evenings

Depending on where your room is it can get quite noisy from the nearby highway and airport. Triple glazing?

Great thing being so close to the mall, can spend hours there.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo