Hampton Inn and Suites Arundel Mills / Baltimore
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Live! Lofts(Hanover)
View Hotel
All reviewsarundel millsparking lotclean roomsrecommend this hotelshuttle servicefree shuttlemovie theaterfamily reunionmaryland livea great staylocation is greatoutlet mallfree breakfastwithin mileslive casinohuge mallexcellent hotel
Reviewed February 26, 2010

Very nice, friendly reception. When they mysteriously had lost my reservation, they were very apologetic and put me into an upgraded room. Free wireless internet, good breakfast. They need to relook their beer selection at the complementary manager's reception each night: Bud Light, Coors Light, and Miller Lite...seriously? Maybe at least one decent choice, even a Sam Adams would've been nice...heck, I would've settled for a Michelob, for God's sake! So-so fitness room, pretty limited. Great access to Arundel Mills mall, therefore staggering distance from Duclaw's brewpub!!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank GDRWalkers
Reviewed December 17, 2009

I spent Thanksgiving day and night at this hotel. I had only booked for one night, but with most Hilton properties, if a room is available, they will kindly check you in early with no penalty. I knew I was going to be arriving REALLY early, around 2AM, so I knew the odds of me being allowed to check in without some sort of fee would be slim, so I called the day before. I spoke with a Front Desk member who told me that since they had plenty of rooms, it would be no problem, that they would be happy to check me in extra early free of charge.

That did not happen!

I arrived at 2AM, eager to get to sleep since Thanksgiving was that day. The night manager told me he would be charging me an extra night, even though I had spoken to someone else earlier that night. He told me he could not waive the fee, that I would need to speak to the GM on Friday. Fine, I agreed to speak with her on Friday.

Friday morning came, and the GM was not available. I explained my situation to the front desk associate before I checked out. She said that there would not be a problem, and that the GM would most likely refund me the fee. I asked her to call me when she decided because the GM would be in shortly. About 4 hours passed, and I called on my own. The lady with whom I had spoken that morning told me the GM had waived the fee. That would have been just fine, except that when I checked my credit card statement a week later, the charge had not been reversed. When I called to check if the fee had been waived, I was told that it was not!!!

I left a voicemail for the GM the next morning. It took her 3 days to respond and she finally did waive the fee. This was a really obnoxious process, and I highly doubt I will stay there again if this is the sort of service they offer. This was only a minor problem, so I was able to be patient, but if this had been a major problem, I can only imagine how the staff handles it.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed August 15, 2009

I stayed here for 3 days with 5 family members. The hotel staff was helpful and courteous. I was really surprised that I was chosen as the "Guest of the Day" and received a free in room movie and credit in the Suite shop. It took about 20 minutes to get to our destinations in the city but it didn't seem that long b/c the traffic wasn't bad while we were there. There are lots of restaurants nearby (mostly chains like McD's,Golden Corral, Panera Bread,etc), Arundel Mills Mall, and a Walmart a short distance away.

We had one suite on the 3rd floor and the room was very clean, smelled fresh and the beds were comfortable (2 queens and a sofa bed). The suite was roomy and easily accommodated the six of us. There aren't any dividers between the sleeping and living areas so everyone will be together in one space. I mentioned that b/c some families/groups of friends may want to get two rooms...I know I will next time b/c some of my family members were getting on my nerves and I had nowhere to escape-but that's not the hotel's fault. Breakfast included muffins/pastries, bagels, biscuits, cereal/instant oatmeal, fruit with the hot items like sausage & omelets changing daily. Coffee is available 24hr/day in the lobby and I enjoyed a cup each evening. There are soda machines but I didn't see any snack machines so you may want to pack your own snacks or take advantage of the Walmart because the items in the Suite shop are expensive.

LIKED: staff, location, cleanliness, comfortable beds, price & free parking, decor
DISLIKED: nothing

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2009

This hotel is adequate for lodging, but has some flaws. The entry door stuck so that I initially wondered if my card was not working. The air conditioning was noisy especially when it cycled on-and-off and the fan could not be run constantly to lessen the sound variation. These were minor but for $178 per night in the suburbs, you expect a bit more consistency. Plus was breakfast was continental+ and the staff (including maintenance) were very friendly and helpful. Given work was paying, I'd stay again. But I'd expect a bit more if it was my dime/euro/won/yen/peso.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2009

Just came back from our 3 days visit in the area. We had 2 rooms. The hotel is just perfect, service is perfect and all together its hard to think about better accomodation for our family.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family