“Great value with excellent comfort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Candlewood Suites Arundel Mills / BWI Airport

Candlewood Suites Arundel Mills / BWI Airport
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Hanover
Los Angeles, California
“Great value with excellent comfort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

The staff is exceptional and the rooms are great. Get a chance to stop at a store because the kitchenette comes in handy if your in need of a quick bite. Bed is comfortable and bathroom is very clean. Definitely worth the under $100 nightly price.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Indyrat
cwsarundelmills, Manager at Candlewood Suites Arundel Mills / BWI Airport, responded to this review, May 7, 2015
Hello Traveler,

Thanks for choosing to stay here at the Candlewood Suites Arundel mills Hotel. We greatly appreciate your business. In addition, we appreciate you taking the time to write a review about our property.

We hope you would choose to stay with us on your next visit to the Hanover, Maryland area. Have a great day.

Kind Regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Newport News, Virginia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I have never stayed at a Candlewood Suites before this trip to Baltimore. My wife and I were very pleased with both the price and the amenities. We paid only $149 for two nights, reserving the room through IHG.com, the website that replaced Holiday Inn Priority Club. The hotel was remodeled just a few years ago, and the room was immaculate. The clerk on duty the night we arrived was courteous and very helpful, responding to all our questions in a pleasant manner. Other staff we met later were also courteous and helpful.

While we knew the rooms were suites with a kitchen, we were surprised to find a full size refrigerator, a full size dish washer, a stovetop, a microwave, dishes, pots and pans, and silverware. While the rooms are clearly designed for business travelers, I highly recommend these for anyone staying a few days. We saved a lot of money by making small meals in our room. The room was also equipped with a flat screen TV, DVR player, and free Wi-Fi which was a cut above most of the Wi-Fi systems I have used at other hotels. The hotel was only one mile from Arundel Mills Mall and Maryland Live Casino. So, if you don't want to make your own meals, there are plenty of dining places at the casino and the mall, as well as a Denny's within one mile. It is also very close to BWI.

While the rooms are only cleaned once a week, or as guests depart, this was not a problem. When we needed new towels, we just took the old ones down to the lobby, put them in a laundry bin, and were given clean ones by the clerk on duty. Though we did not use it, the hotel also had a gym, a business center, and a snack room called The Cupboard where you could by snacks, although the prices were rather high but not out of the norm I have found at other places. I recommend bringing snacks, drinks, and microwavable food. There is plenty of room in the refrigerator to store anything you might bring back from a restaurant.

I have no negative comments about the hotel itself, although the person in the room above ours was rather noisy at times. If you are headed to Baltimore soon, I recommend this more than reasonably priced hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Monroe, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I stayed here almost 2 weeks. The room was very spacious. I have been to the area a few times and stayed at different hotels and this is BY FAR the best hotel for the price. Staff was very pleasant and accommodating as well. The hotel was always busy but service was still fast and efficient.

Room Tip: 4th floor is smoking floor so avoid that if you do not smoke.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Kitty Hawk, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Nice comfy room with kitchen. The location was perfect with the mall nearby. I was particularly impressed with their help when I needed to do something different with the network settings to access my work computer. They directed me to their dedicated tech support team that had me up and running in no time. Another thing I was happy about was that the rooms indeed look as good as the pictures which in my experience is most often not the case at hotels. I am planning to stay here again when I return next month.

Room Tip: Hotel seemed new so all rooms should be great!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hello Traveler,

Thanks so much for staying with us. We truly appreciate your feedback. We are excited to hear that you would enjoy staying with us in the future and we hope that opportunity presents itself in the near future.

Hope to see you soon.

Kind Regards
Fernandina Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

After researching this place, I was anticipating an average hotel. I was happily proved wrong. This place is excellent from top to bottom and I'd recommend it to anyone traveling through the area, especially for an extended stay.

The building and staff are excellent, though some parking lot paving may be an inconvenience to some people temporarily. The rooms are spacious and well-appointed. The kitchen is very nice, with large appliances (refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher), a small stove-top, nice counters and plenty of cabinets with plates and utensils. What was impressive was finding smaller items you may not bring, such as dish soap and paper towels.

The rooms were clean and everything worked well. There was a premium bed, two quality chairs (one for business work and one for relaxing), and an extremely large business desk. Free Wifi adds the final practical touch to a nice room.

While I have recommended finding another hotel choice in some of my reviews, this Candlewood Suites is a place to go to with confidence. I'd recommend this to friends, family, and colleagues.

Good travels!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
cwsarundelmills, Owner at Candlewood Suites Arundel Mills / BWI Airport, responded to this review, May 7, 2015

Hope to see you soon.

Kind Regards
Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stayed here on June 2nd 2013 for one night

15,000 points used on Priority Club Rewards

Arrived at the hotel very late in pouring rain. Car park very full but managed to just find a space

Check in was smmoth and the staff were very friendly on the desk

The room was as per the hotels web site and the pictures did it just.

Upon entry into the room there was a small full kitchen with all the appliances you would need for a long stay including all plates and utemsils (see picture). There was also a space to eat with chairs either side.

The bed was super comfy and very clean and as was the modern bright bathroom with great shower.

This was my first stay at a Candlewood Suites and I was quite impressed with what I received. I shall stay here again and also at other CS properties in the future if they are as good as this one.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Darlo44
Hale, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Let me start by saying I stayed here for 2 nights after a very long week of conferencing and meetings - I was exhausted. The rooms have pretty decent black-out curtains so I had a great sleep.

Because you're pretty isolated, the hotel offers a shuttle service to the nearby Arundel Mills Mall and this is worth visiting. Some good factory outlet shops, a good food court and plenty of retail distractions to help you kill time, if that's what you need.

The lobby has a "comunal shop" concept which offers free hot coffee which is much appreciated, but quite a limited selection of healthier food options. The best I could do was a banana, two apples and some salted peanuts. Everything else was either highly sugared or nutrient-free carbohydrates.

But a short trip to the mall and I dosed up on a great salad and grilled meats with vegetables.

I slept really well here and managed to rejuvenate myself, in preparation for another week of meetings.

This hotel is pretty new as well and offers free barbecue cooking facilities, if you fancy that sort of thing. And of course, any hotel that offers free wi-fi will always have a high rating from me.

Room Tip: The hotel is pretty low-rise, I stayed on the ground floor, so maybe choose a higher floor if you...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business