Candlewood Suites Arundel Mills / BWI Airport
$71
$149
$104
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $128/night.

$159
$129
$116
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $130/night.

$119
$107
Aloft Arundel Mills(Hanover)(Great Value!)
$101
$91
Live! Lofts(Hanover)
$127
$107
All reviewsarundel millsnice conditionvalue comparedfull kitchenfront deskthis is my go to hotelbwi airportthe hotel managercoffee makerweek staystayed one nightgreat rateother hotels in the areastaff was very friendly and helpfulfree shuttle servicethe maintenance mannext morning
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Let me start by saying I stayed here for 2 nights after a very long week of conferencing and meetings - I was exhausted. The rooms have pretty decent black-out curtains so I had a great sleep.

Because you're pretty isolated, the hotel offers a shuttle service to the nearby Arundel Mills Mall and this is worth visiting. Some good factory outlet shops, a good food court and plenty of retail distractions to help you kill time, if that's what you need.

The lobby has a "comunal shop" concept which offers free hot coffee which is much appreciated, but quite a limited selection of healthier food options. The best I could do was a banana, two apples and some salted peanuts. Everything else was either highly sugared or nutrient-free carbohydrates.

But a short trip to the mall and I dosed up on a great salad and grilled meats with vegetables.

I slept really well here and managed to rejuvenate myself, in preparation for another week of meetings.

This hotel is pretty new as well and offers free barbecue cooking facilities, if you fancy that sort of thing. And of course, any hotel that offers free wi-fi will always have a high rating from me.

Room Tip: The hotel is pretty low-rise, I stayed on the ground floor, so maybe choose a higher floor if you're sensitive to noise (I'm not).
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a month. When I checked in I was charged 50 dollars more a night for the same room for the same time as my co worker....next time I will book online. My husband is diabetic and he went down to the lobby to see what diet drinks were in the machine down there and there was no diet drinks when he asked at the desk about it the employee told my husband that the drinks would be looked into....after a month stay still no diet drinks in the machine. He was also told that the only diabetic drink they had was WATER!
I noticed this hotel had no pool so if your family is looking for a relaxing swim you have to go somewhere else. Also you know that complimentary breakfast so many travelers like to complain about ...well this hotel fixed that problem THERE ISN'T ONE. You can pay almost $4 for their brown bag special which is basically the same thing you get from other hotels for free.
I had a lovely view of hwy 100 from my window and the noise from the traffic woke me every morning. OH! and the inspection on the elevator was expired when I stayed there so I didn't have much confidence in it. I recommend staying somewhere else and booking online to save a little money.

Room Tip: IF you have to stay here pick a room on the opposite side from hwy 100.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Arundel Mills / BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Dear Annabelle B,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We value your comments as they help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards of service our guests expect.

It is very disappointing to learn that we have left you with a less than memorable experience. I am truly sorry for the poor experience you had during your visit and we deeply regret the dissatisfaction you had with our breakfast. Additionally, I apologize for the noise challenges you have encountered.

Guest comfort is of the utmost concern to us and our hotels are committed to making every possible effort to provide a comfortable environment. With this in mind, your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future improvements. Once again, thank you for your comments.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed at Candlewood Suite near Baltimore Airport, for 1 night. I was looking for a hotel on our route from Norfolk to New Jersey, and the location near a shopping mall was a big plus. I had some trouble finding the hotel, cause the GPS started to act funny in the vicinity of the airport... We came late at night, the parking was almost full, I could hardly get a parking spot. The check in was very quick. I dropped my husband off with a handbag by the entrance, by the time I parked the car, he got the keys.
It was a huge suite with a fully equipped kitchen, a nice work desk. The room was very clean, a very nice bathroom, I wish we could have stay more than a night.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This was an excellent hotel to stay at where you can keep your car parked for the entirety of your vacation. There was a fully stacked snack bar and a gym right next to it as well. There was also a laundry mat too. The front desk service was very friendly and professional as well. The room came fully equipped with a full-size refrigerator, kitchen bar, and a table. The television channels offered were great, and there is absolutely nothing that I found to be wrong or an inconvenience during our stay at this hotel. The lobby and lounge was nice and clean, and had very comfortable couches and chairs too. Overall, had a great experience! Would definitely stay here again. We used this hotel as our place to keep parked while we flew out to our honeymoon destination.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2013

By far one of the best hotels to stay at a wonderful price. Everything is super clean, the front desk hosts were great, ammenities at the hotel room were better than expected. I will definitively return on my next stay at Baltimore!?! :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends