“Wedding Trip”

Candlewood Suites Arundel Mills / BWI Airport
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I stayed here while in town for a wedding. We had a block of 10 rooms and the manager took extra special care of us. We had asked for our rooms to be ready before checkin time because we needed to get ready before we went to the wedding and everything was ready as promised. Rooms were very clean and well appointed. The hotel is around the corner from a large outlet mall with plenty of dining options. Thanks to Candlewood Hanover for a great stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites Arundel Mills / BWI Airport

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Dont stay here!!!!!!!!!!! save your money!!! there is absoutely no room service unless your staying for a week or more,,,,i had over flowing trash cans, dirty towels etc,,,,and the front desk,,,,they could care less when i did finaly complain,,,,,,,i guess customer service to these people is not part of their agenda, this i cant understand since there are other good reviews,,,,the appearance and decor is good though,,,,he hotel is beautiful,,,but they fall way short of housekeeping,,,,,,im gving it one circle since the decore is really nice and that is the only thing i have to say good about this property

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank angiehaha
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Arundel Mills / BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Dear angiehaha,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am delighted to know that you find our hotel beautiful. On the other hand, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience our housekeeping team may have caused during your stay. Rest assured, we will take your feedback as a coaching opportunity for our staff.

Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 23, 2012

This place is a breath of fresh air. The staff is friendly (sometimes overly so). The room was impeccably clean and was spacious and affordable. The suites come with a full range of appliances (microwave, refrigerator, cooktop, dishwasher, plates, silverware, and pots). The free wifi was very fast, and the business computer had 2 computers. They also had a dvd collection you could rent for free. There were only 30 to 40 movies, but the front desk agent said this was because they just opened and are working on expanding the selection. This place was perfect for my 2 week stay in Baltimore. The hotel is on a quiet road about a half mile away from Arundel Mills Mall, which is a good thing so you avoid the crazy mall traffic! It was right around the corner to the exit to get on to Route 100 and was very convenient to get to wherever I needed to go.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Having been relocated to Ft. Meade a couple of months ago, I needed a temporary place to stay with the family. We looked at all the "Suites" hotels in the area since we needed a kitchen. We toured a number of properties and settled upon this one as it seemed to be the best value by far. The hotel fit our needs perfectly. The suite we had was very large and had a full kitchen. It must have been about 700 square feet. The room was very nicely appointed with some modern touches. The staff was very eager to help. I've already recommended a buddy of mine who is looking for housing to move here!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is a new property and very nice hotel. I stayed there while work was being done on my home and again when I had a very early flight out of Thurgood Marshall airport (BWI). The lobby is big and very inviting. It clean, Nice guest laundry and gym. Flat screen TV. The suites are beautiful. I hated to leave.This is a great hotel for a vacation or a staycation. In fact, I just may get myself a room there this weekend and hide from my teenagers.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Liz C
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I was traveling to the area for business and brought my family with me. The new Casino is nearby and we thought we would make a mini vacation out of the trip and go in the evening. I have stayed at a few Candlewoods before and have always enjoyed my stay, but this Candlewood is much nicer than any Candlewood Suites I have stayed at. The hotel seemed new and the rooms were beautifully decorated and had a very stylish, contemporary decor. The room had the standard kitchen I am used to, which was useful to my family. The room was very clean and a large flat screen television with high definition programming. The hotel was very quiet as it is not on the main road. The beds seemed nicer than the typical Candlewood bed I have slept on in the past. It seems to me that Candlewood is going upscale!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My family & I were relocating to a near by military base & or housing registration was incomplete, with that being said we were referred to this location for temp. housing. In the beginning everything was fine, until the Manager that had originally booked our stay was terminated & this half pint manager took over, first he charged our credit card on file, then apologized after the fact that he maxed it out & then demanding daily payments for a monthly stay, where as b4 we were making weekly or bi weekly payments.. Nonetheless after staying shortly after 1 month he put us out for not being able to one nightly payment.... After we made a $1500 + payment.... Military are not welcomed here! That was made clear to us!!!! He put us on the street with a small child @ 7pm at night one day prior to our move! Do not support this man's greed!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank LovintheUSA13
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Arundel Mills / BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear LovintheUSA13,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I was disappointed to learn of the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I would like to address your concerns in further details and have sent you a private message to obtain more information regarding your stay.

I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Joel B