“Breath of Fresh Air.”

Candlewood Suites Arundel Mills / BWI Airport
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This place is a breath of fresh air. The staff is friendly (sometimes overly so). The room was impeccably clean and was spacious and affordable. The suites come with a full range of appliances (microwave, refrigerator, cooktop, dishwasher, plates, silverware, and pots). The free wifi was very fast, and the business computer had 2 computers. They also had a dvd collection you could rent for free. There were only 30 to 40 movies, but the front desk agent said this was because they just opened and are working on expanding the selection. This place was perfect for my 2 week stay in Baltimore. The hotel is on a quiet road about a half mile away from Arundel Mills Mall, which is a good thing so you avoid the crazy mall traffic! It was right around the corner to the exit to get on to Route 100 and was very convenient to get to wherever I needed to go.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Having been relocated to Ft. Meade a couple of months ago, I needed a temporary place to stay with the family. We looked at all the "Suites" hotels in the area since we needed a kitchen. We toured a number of properties and settled upon this one as it seemed to be the best value by far. The hotel fit our needs perfectly. The suite we had was very large and had a full kitchen. It must have been about 700 square feet. The room was very nicely appointed with some modern touches. The staff was very eager to help. I've already recommended a buddy of mine who is looking for housing to move here!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is a new property and very nice hotel. I stayed there while work was being done on my home and again when I had a very early flight out of Thurgood Marshall airport (BWI). The lobby is big and very inviting. It clean, Nice guest laundry and gym. Flat screen TV. The suites are beautiful. I hated to leave.This is a great hotel for a vacation or a staycation. In fact, I just may get myself a room there this weekend and hide from my teenagers.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Liz C
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I was traveling to the area for business and brought my family with me. The new Casino is nearby and we thought we would make a mini vacation out of the trip and go in the evening. I have stayed at a few Candlewoods before and have always enjoyed my stay, but this Candlewood is much nicer than any Candlewood Suites I have stayed at. The hotel seemed new and the rooms were beautifully decorated and had a very stylish, contemporary decor. The room had the standard kitchen I am used to, which was useful to my family. The room was very clean and a large flat screen television with high definition programming. The hotel was very quiet as it is not on the main road. The beds seemed nicer than the typical Candlewood bed I have slept on in the past. It seems to me that Candlewood is going upscale!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My family & I were relocating to a near by military base & or housing registration was incomplete, with that being said we were referred to this location for temp. housing. In the beginning everything was fine, until the Manager that had originally booked our stay was terminated & this half pint manager took over, first he charged our credit card on file, then apologized after the fact that he maxed it out & then demanding daily payments for a monthly stay, where as b4 we were making weekly or bi weekly payments.. Nonetheless after staying shortly after 1 month he put us out for not being able to one nightly payment.... After we made a $1500 + payment.... Military are not welcomed here! That was made clear to us!!!! He put us on the street with a small child @ 7pm at night one day prior to our move! Do not support this man's greed!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank LovintheUSA13
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Arundel Mills / BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear LovintheUSA13,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I was disappointed to learn of the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I would like to address your concerns in further details and have sent you a private message to obtain more information regarding your stay.

I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 5, 2012

I decided to stay at this new hotel after reading reviews from other travelers, and I am glad that I did. I found the room to be clean, comfortable, and well-appointed. Also, Arundel Mills Mall and several restaurants are close by. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
cwsarundelmills, Manager at Candlewood Suites Arundel Mills / BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2015

Hello Traveler,

Thanks for choosing to stay here at the Candlewood Suites Arundel mills Hotel. We greatly appreciate your business. In addition, we appreciate you taking the time to write a review about our property.

We hope you would choose to stay with us on your next visit to the Hanover, Maryland area. Have a great day.

Kind Regards.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Stayed 2 nights. They accommodated an early check in for me which was nice. The Westin Element was sold out so I stayed here instead. Rooms were great! It exceeded my expectations. I would stay there again. Very close to everything too.

• Stayed: July 2012

Hello Traveler,

Thanks so much for staying with us. We truly appreciate your feedback. We are excited to hear that you would enjoy staying with us in the future and we hope that opportunity presents itself in the near future.

Hope to see you soon.