“Good food, great wait staff”

Timbuktu Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Timbuktu Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 125 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

Six of us had dinner at Timbuktu this past weekend. Despite all of the cars filling the parking lot, we were seated timely (we did call ahead for a reservation..) It's a huge place with a banquet hall downstairs that can seat 200. We were in one of several large rooms upstairs. It's not a fancy place, a bit dated, but the focus was on seafood, and they didn't disappoint. Most notable were the crab cakes, 8 oz. Of nearly all lump meat with a little something to hold it together! Very well done. I had a Caesar salad, that was topped with shave parmesan. The romaine was a bit too chopped for a Caesar salad, but it was acceptable. The broiled flounder was a bit off as it had many bones, odd for flounder, and this made it less than enjoyable, however the fresh broccoli with it was perfect. The "Jewels of the sea" platter was impressive with, in addition to the crab cake was joined by a small lobster tail, scallops, shrimp, and a filet of tilapia. All done very well. Not inexpensive, but for generous portions of fresh seafood, it was worth the trip. As I mentioned, the wait staff was great.

Reviewed September 4, 2017 via mobile

I took my husband and family for dinner and we ordered the creamy crab soup in a cup and taste like flour added as thickener with only 5 lumps of crab. It was BAD. Next we had the oyster Rockefeller and it was a large oyster full of spinach and little cheese and very disappointing hence forth would not order these two items!
The broiled crab cakes were awesome and everything else is mediocre since it change NEW MANAGEMENT!!! Lastly the men's bathroom was atrocious filthy wet floor an opportunity to slip and fall.

Reviewed August 29, 2017

Haven't been here in over 20 years and it was just as delicious as I remember. All 4 of us had crab cakes and savored every bite. Cake was large, 8 oz and broiled perfectly. Sweet potato fries and coleslaw completed three meals and the fourth had grilled vegetables. We sat for 2 hours eating and drinking and enjoyed every minute. Our waiter Dana was engaging!

Reviewed August 23, 2017

We came here with a large party and the food did not disappoint. The entrees were better than the appetizers (The crab dip was amazing, but the Oysters in the oyster Rockefeller were small and the clams in the Clam Casino were a bit sandy). BUT, the entrees are also large, so you don't really need appetizers! The scallops were super fresh and the best dish of the house, I think! The crabcakes were humongous. We were there for the lobster special and they were delicious. All entrees come with two sides, so there is plenty of food.

Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

Such a huge place tucked away, how had I not been there? Oysters fresh as an app and a huge and amazing crab cake for dinner. Yes they forgot my salad but I wouldn't have had space for it anyway... my bf had the Monday lobster special and he loved it...even though he took bites from my crab cake and reminded me how great it was!